Next Movie fan-casts Katy Perry as the Seelie Queen

Next Movie has created a list of five roles that could help Katy Perry (Katy Perry: Part of Me) transition into acting.

Among the roles was that of The Seelie Queen from The Mortal Instruments, who comes into play in City of Ashes.

Seelie Queen

If it’s too late for Katy Perry to muster a place in “The Hunger Games,” fellow YA phenom “The Mortal Instruments”is still an option. As far as we know, the Queen of Seelie Court (Faerie Queen) has yet to be cast because she won’t come into the picture until later in the series, but could you imagine? Long ruby locks, pointy ears, elegant gowns and wings? All that plus Katy Perry’s natural baby blues? Now that’s an image. We also wouldn’t complain if she were one of those fierce she-shadowhunters. Just sayin’.

What do you think? Could you see Katy Perry as the Seelie Queen? Sound off in the comments!

About these ads

Comments

1. no thank you. maybe she would be able to look like her, but as far as i know she can’t act so no. Acting is better than looks. of course you want the person to look the part though.

2. Castielle says:

Love Katy but I really can’t see her as Seelie Queen! I’d prefer someone else for the part.

3. most definitely yes! She rock several ethereal looks in her video E.T and I think she is more than capable of pulling off Seelie Queen :)

4. nahhh shes not elegant enough, too funky

5. JFDJSKFD says:

I can’t see her being a great actress. No.

6. please no. i dont see her having this part.

7. We do not even know if we will get a second movie yet!. But anyway, she is an artist, she should be able to act. I am not sure if selecting her would be a good idea though.

8. Maybe :)
    I was thinking maybe tilda swinton or cate blanchett for the role :)
    But who knows maybe Katy could surprise and audience with some acting skills.. hmm :)

9. Also My friends dad is working on the movie for the toronto parts :P

10. Laura Dickson says:

I say let her try….I think she’d ‘rock’ it…
    As for acting been reading about her and it’s been said she’s got some skills….

11. Katy Perry is so tacky. Bad enough I have to deal with her “music”. Don’t need to see her acting too. I think they would cast someone with a bit more elegance for a fey queen if a second movie happens.

That’s so cool about your freind’s dad, RAWR:) Maybe he will have some inside scoop once filming starts ;-D

12. Lol. Ummmm….noooooo

13. She’d look beautiful as the Seelie Queen but i don’t think she could pull off the acting she good but the Seelie Queen has to be so cunning and tricky, and beautiful yet dangerous. I think we need a pro. maybe Evan Rachel Wood or Christina Hendricks or a red haired Sienna Miller/Olivia Wilde.

14. Personally, I think that appearance wise, she may be able to pull it off, but for the acting, I don’t think she would be suitable for the Seelie Queen. I can’t see Katy Perry as being very mysterious enough. What I imagine in my head as the seelie queen is like the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland like the hair, quiet voice, like passive aggressive, yet could be scary in a way.

15. let alone shes homophobic i think not. the only actress i can see as the Seelie Queen would be angelina jolie

16. Kayleighrudd says:

No No No!! Just no!

17. Liv Tyler anyone?

18. Adriana says:

The Seelie Queen is a major biotch and I don’t know if Katy can be mysterious and bitchy now Angelina Jolie or Charilze Theron type.

19. mina blak says:

A simple – Hell NO!

20. She doesn’t look like she would be a good actress and I especially don’t see her as being the Seelie Queen because I agree I don’t think she can be mysterious and the sort if that makes any sense

21. Personally, I’d prefer someone like Amanda Seyfried to play the Seelie Queen..

22. As much as I love Katy perry, she just doesn’t fit the role of the seelie queen