Will is heart-stricken at Jem’s bedside in new illustration of scene in CLOCKWORK PRINCESS

Cassandra Clare shared an illustration by the amazingly talented Cassandra Jean of a scene in Clockwork Princess.

Warning: Heartbreak ahead.

42395994475

Do you hear that? That’s the sound off of a sobbing fandom.

Do you guys think you’ll survive reading Clockwork Princess? Thoughts on the illustration?

Clockwork Princess will be released on March 19.

About these ads

Comments

1. If someone dies so will I.
    Except for maybe Benedict. Or like Mortmain.
    BUT OTHER THAN THAT. :D

2. Ana Uthor says:

They should give us pictures instead of snippets. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE snippets, but there are more interpretations to be found in pictures than text.
    Also: What the heck authors? Don’t kill my favorite characters… again!

3. Catherine says:

Come on, people, let’s be positive here! (Yes, it really is possible). Yes, it is pretty obvious in this picture that Jem is very ill. However, we already knew that. Even if he is feeling better since meeting Tessa, he still has his bad days. Maybe, Will is just coming to a realization of how much Jem means to him, and how hard it will be to lose him when/IF that time will come. One thing Cassie is really good at is the unexpected. People everywhere expect Jem to die of his addiction. So what does that mean? It is highly unlikely that it will be as simple as that. We still have reason to hope, people, let’s not give it up now!

4. Oh no… Cassandra Clare what are you doing to me? I simply cannot wait any longer….

5. Book nerd twin 1 says:

I just know that I will be siting in bed crying for days after finishing Clockwork Princess.

6. It still feels like there is forever to wait for this book !!!!! These snippets and illustrations are not good for me, they just make me want the book even more !!!! I really love Jem and I really hope he doesn’t die or else my heart will break :(

7. Will and Tessa says:

I don’t want Jem to die, but I want WIll and Tessa together. But I don’t want Jem to be heart broken, but I still want Will and Tessa to end up together, but I don’t want Jem to remain single, but I want Cecily to end up with Gabriel. And I I want Sophie to end up with Gideon .I don’t want anyone to die, BUT Mortmain must die. BTW- Have I mentioned- I WANT Will and Teassa to end up together :P
    Soo, after realising that probably HALF the things on my ‘Want, Dont Want List’ are not gonna go my way, I have come to the conclusion- THAT THIS BOOK IS GOING TO MAKE ME CRY ;(

8. Readtoomuch says:

The only way to avoid the whole ‘I have to choose dear me!!!’ scenario is if Jem dies. But there has to be a Carstairs… Which makes me think that Tessa and Jem get married and she is pregnant when he dies. Then she can be with Will later and there are both Carstairs and Herondale children.

• It is certainly a scnario where Tessa does not have to make a choise, and it is exactly because of it that I think it is totally impossible to happen. And if it does, I’d be really sad and kinda disappointed…

9. No I will not survive reading it I will die!!!!!!

10. KikilovesJace says:

NOOOOO! Jem don’t die, please don’t die. Tessa, Will, and possibly the entire fandom (espiecally does who are in love with jem) will be so sad and in tears.

11. Ria Jace Herondale says:

HELL-to-the-NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN BARLEY SURVIVE IT NOW, I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO GET THROUGH THE ENTIRE BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. teamedwardjcae says:

ahh this image is heartwrenching! I love will for how much he loves people that are in his life. that’s one of the reason why and how he’d go through great bounds for them. Iike will and tessa commented, I don’t want Jem to die but I also will and tessa to be together. i don’t any of the characters to have lose someone. I want sophie and gideon to be together and it would be really cool if cecily ended up with jem. i also don’t want anyone to die but mortmain has got to go. maybe, it’s an upcoming scene from cp where it looks heartbreaking but things turn out well for the godo characters. like cassie said, each each character is strong in their wrong way. also like another said, they will all have their bad days

13. nevertrustaduck says:

This is not fair.

14. I survived reading Clockwork Angel and barely made it with Clockwork Prince. I’ll brace myself (since I already PRE-ordered) and will definitely be prepared for Clockwork Princess (once it arrives at my doorstep!) ^_^¥

15. Now that’s just mean. :’(

16. Cinderbella says:

I really don’t know if I am going to survive this book with my sanity in tact. I swear I will have some sort of break-down if anything happens to Will. I love Jem but we’ve been prepared for his death throughout the series, I will probably go through a box of kleenex alright but if anything happens to Will…. I don’t know if I can deal with it. But if theres one thing that Cassie does well its a twist and we are in for one hell of a trwist Im guessing when it comes to the Clockwork Princess. I just don’t know if Will could ever be the same if something happened to Jem, remember what Magnus said in City of Lost Souls “I know about parabatai….do you know what happens, when one of them dies, to the one that’s left —?” It looks like one of them is going to die, I just hope its not Will

17. Oh no!!!! Jem!!!! Will!!!

18. This book is going to kill me!

19. In order to keep my sanity intact before the book comes out I have decided NOT to even consider the fact that Jem might die. At least I want to be of sound mind when I start reading the book! So, instead I concentrate on other things, like the fact that Tessa will most certainly find out she’s really part shadowhunter and Aloysius Starkweather is her great grandfather….etc., etc. etc., which opens great possibilities. Yes, I have been thinking a lot about this book. But, Jem CAN”T die!!!!

20. waitingforCP2 says:

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! okay i gotta keep my guts together or i’ll puke or do something worse.