‘CITY OF ASHES’ to go into production in the fall, Harald Zwart to direct

city-of-ashes-wallpaper-mortal-instruments-9793236-1280-1024

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones doesn’t hit theaters until Aug. 23, but  executive producer Martin Moszkowicz has confirmed that The Mortal Instruments: City of Ashes will go into production in the fall with Harald Zwart back in the director’s chair.

Jessica Postigo, who penned the City of Bones script, started working on the City of Ashes script when City of Bones began filming last August.

Robert Sheehan (Simon) said in an interview that the actors are signed on for multiple films.

Constantin Film previously discussed filming City of Ashes and City of Glass back-to-back to save production costs. But no word yet on whether or not that will be the case.

As for whether or not The Mortal Instruments: City of Ashes will be filmed in Toronto like its predecessor, it seems likely:

What do you think, Shadowhunters?! How excited are you? Which scene are you most looking forward to seeing in The Mortal Instruments: City of Ashes? Sound off in the comments!
About these ads

Comments

1. Tiffany says:

AWESOME!

2. Melanie says:

OMG THIS AWESOME!

3. Shaz herondale says:

OMG HELL YEAH

4. Lauren says:

OH SWEET LORD ABOVE!! AND CITY OF BONES ISNT EVEN OUT YET! :D

EXCUSE ME WHILE I GO FREAK OUT.

5. THIS IS GREAT!

6. That’s great! Too excited to see Simon as a vampire.

7. Jace saying: “His name is Simon.”

8. ! ! ! OH MY GOD ! ! !
    AND WE HAVEN’T EVEN WATCHED CoB YET! *JUMPS UP AND DOWN SCREAMING*

9. Chloe Moretz for the Seelie Queen!

• Taylor Posey for Raphael

• Actually I imagined the Seelie Queen a little bit older… like 40 or 50 :D
      Haha maybe I just missed sth in the book.. :D

• Ponyboy says:

Yeah, I definitely imagined her a little older too. I think Eva Green would be a cool Seelie Queen!

• Sydney says:

Eva Green YES

• To be honest when I first read about the Seelie Queen I kept thinking Cate Blanchett’s Galandriel but then I read the passage about her age which specifically says that the Seelie Queen is ageless and could either be 16 or 45 I couldn’t help but thinking Chloe Moretz. Eva Green is awesome for Lilith, but she can totally be the Seelie Queen. So, yeah Chloe and Eva need to be in TMI.

• teamedwardjace says:

i think she could be really good or how about liv tyler or julia roberts or maybe amanda seyfrid? but this is awesome!

10. I want to see the Inquisitor (I’m pretty sure I spelled it wrong).

11. :) PS I just want Chloe Moretz in TMI for either the Seelie Queen or Maureen or Camille or someone! OK that’s all.

12. Gwendoline Christie (Brienne of Tarth in GoT) for The Inquisitor. Soon as I saw her, I could see her playing it!

13. Claudia says:

They are so confident the movie will be a success they are already making the sequel!!!!! :D OMG so glad! Can’t wait!

14. Abigail says:

Yayy! That’s so exciting! City of Ashes was my favorite book of this series! I’m actually really excited to see the scene in the epilogue and when Simon actually becomes a vampires and rises!

15. Amazing! SO happy they’re already going ahead with City of Ashes.

16. sheilathethongbarbarino says:

Wait, so does this mean City of Bones was green-lit

17. Deepshikha says:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! I feel like my heart is going to burst with joy any moment now

18. SO STOKED OMG
    OMGKGNSNBDNSC

19. Omg I’m so excited they gave the go ahead!!!! I think all the fandom reaction has pushed it forward!! See people? It pays to tell Hollywood you want more!!!

20. Scavenger says:

This is so amazing and remarkable for three reasons. We get to keep Harald, they are starting quickly in the fall, and they have enough confidence that they begin this work now without finding out about the Box office numbers for COB. For me, this means they will likely expend enough resources to promote COB to help ensure its box office success.

21. Lena Grace says:

YAY OMG SO HAPPY YES

22. Okay, I know all you guys are freaking about casting and scenes, but here I am super happy/fangirling that we still have Harald Zwart. Lol. Hooray for Harald Zwart! I really wanted him to direct the next movies as well and this news is like an early Christmas present. :))

23. . . . SHUT UP AND WRITE IT ALREADY! D:

24. Athena says:

I can’t wait!!!!! I hope they do make City of Glass!!!! Very exciting!!!!!! :)

25. Whatever says:

I just hope there is more Malec scenes and Godfrey Gao will be back as Magnus Bane, i dun want anyone but him as Magnus Bane.

26. IrishShowhuntersAnonymous says:

SOOOOOOO EXCITED!! Hopefully we will at least get all three TMI books. I was really worried that they would only do the first, I was picturing everyone who hadn’t read the books coming out after seeing it thinking ‘what the hell!?’ At least if they made sequels they will understand eventually. Can’t wait for the Seelie Court! “You can close your eyes and think of England if you like” “I’ve never been to England” Ok officially fan-girling!!

27. OH MY GOD I’M SO EXCITED!!!
    We haven’t even seen City of Bones yet!! *HYPERVENTILATING*
    Ok.. I just died.
    I’m looking tooootally forward to the series!
    …I’m officially a crazy fangirl..

28. I had a random dream months back that Jessica Mauboy played Maia. lol. No idea why! Anyway, this is cool news. :) Alex Ferris is kinda how I imagined Max, but he’d probably be too old for the character now. It will be cool to find out who will get the roles though.

29. WOWOWOWOOWOWOWWOO

30. So good news, YAAAAAAYY!
    It seems like only the first three books are going to become movies, or am I wrong? Will they do the whole series?

• I think right now it’s a very unsure thing, since although they suspect that TMI is going to be successful (which of course it will be:)) but it’s not a given just yet… And not to mention that the first three books is like it’s own trilogy and from 4 to 6 it’s another TMI trilogy… it’s like part one (books 1 to 3) part two (books 4 to 6) We’ll just have to see<3 and hope for the best<3

31. AAAHHH!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!

32. Sydney says:

OH. MY GOD. Can’t deal. Is this a dream? *Slaps face repeatedly*
    Nope. Its real, people. THIS IS REALLY HAPPENIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!

33. Sydney says:

More MALEC, please

34. teamedwardjace says:

yay yay yay! so glad it’s happeneing and i’m glad lily, and jamie are on board! i’m sure the rest of th cast will follow and hopefully they’ll come back to toronto! i really want to make a visit this time!

• I think all of them are on board I heard Robbie mentioning once that all of them have contracts to be appear in the next film.. it’s just that Jamie and Lily are like the center of the story so of course not to make it too complicated they just say their names

35. WoooooHoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doing cartwheels everywhere!!!!!!! What a way to end my day…..coming home from work to get this fabulous news :) :) :) I AM going to find a way to get to Toronto this time, come hell or high water!!!

36. YESSSSSSS TORONTOOOO SHADOWHUNTERS!!!!! CITY OF ASHES COMING TO T.O.!!!!!!

37. abc123456 says:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

38. The Seelie Court and the whole sequence on the boat! I am so so so so excited

39. I hope they put that scene where Jace tells Clary he wishes he could hate her. I love the emotion in that scene and would love to see it on screen!!

40. City of Ashes became my favorite the second time I read it and I couldn’t be more excited to watch it on film.
    I’m SO hoping everyone will be back for the rest of the movies (all 6 :)) and please no re-casting. I HATE it when that happens (except for Dumbledore which was really necessary).

41. I’m so excited to see the vampire Simon plot line. It’s my favorite part of the books and I can’t wait to watch Robbie Sheehan playing it. I hope there is official confirmation soon that ALL cast is signed on for CoA as well.

42. Babylove says:

Does anyone know where the open casting is for The City Of Ashes in Toronto pleaae?

Trackbacks

1. [...] Just a few hours ago, executive producer Martin Moszkowicz announced that The Mortal Instruments: City of Ashes, the sequel to the upcoming The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (Aug. 23), would go into production this Fall with director Harald Zwart returning. [...]

2. [...] On Wednesday, it was announced that The Mortal Instruments: City of Ashes, the sequel to City of Bones, would go into production this fall with Zwart returning. [...]

3. […] Earlier this week, Constantin Film announced that The Mortal Instruments: City of Ashes, the sequel to the upcoming The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones out Aug. 23, would begin production this fall with director Harald Zwart and cast returning. […]

4. […] it was announced last week that The Mortal Instruments: City of Ashes would go into production in the fall, fans were thrilled at Constantin Film’s eagerness to begin working on the sequel four months […]

5. […] Director Harald Zwart and the cast are set to return for the sequel, which begins production in the fall. […]

6. […] to the start of Cannes a couple of weeks ago, Constantin Film announced that they were moving forward with City of Ashes. Harald Zwart, who directed City of Bones, will return for City of Ashes, which […]