‘CITY OF ASHES’ Casting Rumor: Is Lily Cole the Seelie Queen?

lily-cole-006-04

According to TorontoFilm.net, Constantin Film is holding a casting call for The Mortal Instruments: City of Ashes in Toronto on Wednesday, August 14. They are looking for “…5 different groups of otherworldly creatures…” including Shadowhunters, vampires, werewolves, warlocks and faeries.

But the most notable piece of information on the site is that “Lily Cole is playing the ‘Queen of the Faeries,'” also known as the Seelie Queen. This information is not confirmed and is a rumor until proven otherwise.

Check out the casting call information (including the mention of Cole under Faeries):

‘VAMPIRES’

Goth/punk/fetish types, they can have been in the bar scene in the first movie 18-35 yrs, any ethnicity.

‘WEREWOLVES’

Lumberjack/biker types, big, rough, hairy, 18-45 yrs, any ethnicity.

‘WARLOCKS’

Exotic looking/Asian/Persian/interesting looking MEN ONLY any ethnicity EXCEPT for Caucasian. The following actor Godfrey Gao plays ‘Magnus Bane’ the ‘head’ warlock. This should give you an idea of what they’re looking for 18-45 yrs.

‘FAERIES’

Pale, skinny, fragile with wide set eyes. Lily Cole is playing the ‘Queen of the Faeries’. Men and Women 18-40 yrs, any ethnicity.

‘SHADOWHUNTERS’

Young, fit performers (gymnasts and swimmers not bodybuilders). Most of the lead actors are ‘shadowhunters’ 18-35 yrs, any ethnicity.

Head to TorontoFilm.net for more information. Thanks to our reader Phil for the tip!

What do you think of Lily Cole as a potential Seelie Queen? Sound off in the comments!

About these ads

Comments

1. I love how they said under Warlocks no caucasian

2. I have a question. When they say 18-35 for the werewolfs, do they mean you have I be 18-35 or do they mean that’s what there going to look like after all the make up?

• Scavenger says:

They mean that you have to be in that age range, to be considered. Casting agencies will check your license to make sure.

3. Scavenger says:

Lily Cole has the right look

4. I just found out about this from another soutce. Also Cassie mentioned sth about Lily Cole being the Seelie Queen. It seems pretty legit and FANTASTIC IMHO!

5. Laura Hill says:

Ooooo I wonder of they’ll fit Ragnor Fell in there somewhere.

6. Wow! She’s actually who I pictured while reading.

7. Lily Cole is perfect!!!!

8. OMG:) where is the casting calls guys. T.O is big place…

9. I would love to see as the Seelie Queen Deboah Ann Woll (jessica from True Blood) she is georgeous she will be perfect just look at her http://galeri.uludagsozluk.com/28/deborah-ann-woll_49525.jpg

10. teamedwardjace says:

I think lily coke the other lily would be great. As for the extras if tyre eg vamps punk gothic and fetish and everyday ones would be cool

11. Lily Cole can definitely pull it off! She’s got that creepy, pretty vibe going on. I’ve seen her in The Moth Diaries and she can be really evil too!! I’m actually really excited about this casting choice!

12. Does anyone know if there will be casting-calls for the role of Maia Roberts in Los Angeles?

13. does anyone know where exactly in Toronto they will be holding auditions?

14. why only men for the warlock roles?..

15. Babylove says:

does anyone know where in Toronto the casting calls are happening please?
    Thanks,
    C

16. One of Jace's Biggest Fans says:

Really good choice! She’ll be a fantastic Seelie Queen. It is kind of how I imagined her so it would be nice if she takes the role

17. Tom Holland as Max Lightwood! I know Max was 10 in the books but they upped everyone’s ages, and he can definitely pass for 12. He was amazing in The Impossible!

18. Who’s playing Maia?!? If the casting is 12yrs. old and above for Maia I would sooo go there now to audition for the role! I badly want this! :l

19. Reblogged this on hanielsariel14678gl and commented:

20. I could join Shadowhunters! I mean,I’m a gymnast and swimmer… pretty flexible!

21. Hm, not what I pictured the Seelie Queen to looks like, I always thought of her looking like Cate Blanchett who plays Lady Galadriel in Lord of the Rings and I always picture the Fair Folk looking like the Elves in LOTR, but anyways, I’m looking forward too Lily Cole playing the Seelie Queen regardless (if she is playing her)

22. Is there any chance they
    Might have a casting call in the LA area? I would love to be apart of this, but money is limited and a car can only take a person so far.

23. To me the queen of fairies is more about the voice and its tone than the looks, so i don’t really have an opinion on her until I hear her read the role. but by now I am perfectly confident in the casting crew of the project, they cast all the roles perfectly, so I am sure if they think Lily Cole can pull off that scheming, heartless b*** of a queen they are not mistaken :)

24. I was suggested this website by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this
    post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my
    problem. You’re amazing! Thanks!