Happy Valentine’s Day from TMI Source!
We know what the Mortal Instruments fandom expects…
But let’s not forget the true meaning of the holiday.
It’s not all about the candy or the flowers or those ravenous demon hordes.
No, it’s about love.
Check out some romantic quotes from The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices that will have you swooning:
- “There is no pretending,” Jace said with absolute clarity. “I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I’ll love you then.” -Jace, City of Glass
- “We live and breathe words. …. It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them. Reading your words, what you wrote, how you were lonely sometimes and afraid, but always brave; the way you saw the world, its colors and textures and sounds, I felt–I felt the way you thought, hoped, felt, dreamt. I felt I was dreaming and thinking and feeling with you. I dreamed what you dreamed, wanted what you wanted–and then I realized that truly I just wanted you.” -Will, Clockwork Prince
- “You speak of sacrifice, but it is not my sacrifice I offer. It is yours I ask of you,” he went on. “I can offer you my life, but it is a short life; I can offer you my heart, though I have no idea how many more beats it shall sustain. But I love you enough to hope that you wil not care that I am being selfish in trying to make the rest of my life – whatever length – happy, by spending it with you. I want to be married to you, Tessa. I want it more than I have ever wanted anything else in my life.” He looked up at her through the veil of silvery hair that fell over his eyes. “That is,” he said shyly, “if you love me, too.” -Jem, Clockwork Prince
- “You are not trivial.” -Magnus, City of Fallen Angels
- “Hearts are breakable. And I think even when you heal, you’re never what you were before.” -Isabelle, City of Fallen Angels
- “Beautiful,” she said, and she meant it. “You look beautiful, James Carstairs.” -Tessa, Clockwork Prince
- “I know it’s wrong – God, it’s all kinds of wrong – but I just want to lie down with you and wake up with you, just once, just once ever in my life.” -Jace, City of Glass
- “I care about you. I always cared about you.” -Simon, City of Fallen Angels
Don’t forget, Cassandra Clare will be sharing a deleted scene from between Clockwork Prince and Clockwork Princess between Will and Jem. So check back later in the day and we’ll be sure to post it.
What are some of your favorite romantic moments in The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices?
Who do you want to be your valentine?