7 Days: ‘City of Lost Souls’ Snippet

In the final countdown to the release of 'City of Lost Souls,' Cassandra Clare has promised to share a snippet every day leading up to the May 8th release.

Check out the snippet below the cut:

Sebastian looked at Jocelyn, his black eyes quiet and narrow. “If you were really a real mother,” he said, “a good mother, you would have known I was alive. There was a man once who said that mothers carry the key of our souls with them all our lives. But you threw mine away.”

Only seven more days until ‘City of Lost Souls” will be released.

Stay tuned to TMI Source for all of the latest news regarding Cassandra Clare, her books and City of Bones film news. Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, follow us on Tumblror email us at MortalInstrumentsSource@gmail.com.

17 Comments on 7 Days: ‘City of Lost Souls’ Snippet

1. Looks like Sebastian has mommy issues.

2. Mrs. Carstairs Herondale Wayland Lightwood Morgenster ( I have that one soft spot for Sebastian..) // May 1, 2012 at 12:10 AM // Reply

D: Sebaaaasssttttiiiiiannnnnnnn!!!!!!! COME AND LET ME LOVE YOU!!!!!! DX ( I know I reaaaaaallllllllly shouldn’t but…. I understand him…)

3. ~TMI & TID Fangirl~ // May 1, 2012 at 5:49 PM // Reply

Lol,mommy issues.

4. ~LoViNgYoUuNdErThEnIgHtSkY~ // May 1, 2012 at 6:36 PM // Reply

❤ You can't help but fall for a 'Bad Boy'! ❤

5. forever for jace // May 1, 2012 at 7:56 PM // Reply

yup…. been betrayed by his mum just love him second to jace and magnus

6. TeamEdwardJace // May 1, 2012 at 9:41 PM // Reply

wow someone has issues and sebastian is a jerk lol

• Mrs. Carstairs Herondale Wayland Lightwood Morgenster ( I have that one soft spot for Sebastian..) // May 1, 2012 at 9:51 PM // Reply

But he’s only like that because of what Valentine did… You can’t blame him..

• Sebastian // May 3, 2012 at 2:44 AM //

I agree^_^ *^*

• Mrs Michaela Herondale // May 3, 2012 at 12:19 PM //

Yes, we can blame him!!!!!!!!!!!! He could have TRIED!!!

• Mrs. Carstairs Herondale Wayland Lightwood Morgenster ( I have that one soft spot for Sebastian..) // May 3, 2012 at 4:32 PM //

-.- Let’s inject YOU with demon blood and see how well YOU can try and not do all of that stuff… Come on, give him a break…. He just wants and needs some love

7. I totally agree with u. Sebatian just wants to feel loved… And burn the world down too i guess lol. Imagen your mother hating you when you were just a baby…. It’s horrible

8. ~TMI & TID Fangirl~ // May 13, 2012 at 8:51 PM // Reply

Poor Sebastian….I know he’s done horrible things,but I can’t help but love him!(But I love Jace too:P)

• Mrs. Carstairs Herondale Wayland Morgenstern Bane Lightwood // May 13, 2012 at 8:56 PM // Reply

O: maybe its part of their bond. Love one and love the other. Well.. for us at least lol. Sebbie is just too adorablly hurt tht I wanna love love soooooo hard

9. Mrs. Carstairs Herondale Wayland Lightwood Bane Morgenster ( I have that one soft spot for Sebastian..) // May 14, 2012 at 12:04 AM // Reply

You know.. I think I finally understand it actually… Why we all love and hate Sebastian. It’s not the things he does, but the reasons why he does them. He does them to try and get the things that were denied to him all this time. A family, love… He wants to be worth something…. TO show that he has value, and can sand up to someone’s standards… He wants acceptance into a world that shunned his very existence. All he wants is to know that SOMEONE gives at least ONE damn about him. And in the end isn’t that what we all want? To know that we have value to someone, that we’re worth something to the world? I think he just shows that more easily than the rest of us, and we admire him for his strength in that, and hate him for the way he tries to prove it, the way he shows it.. And we hate Valentine ten times more because of it…