Cassandra Clare shares ‘Clockwork Princess’ snippet featuring Will & Tessa

In honor of Will’s second round match in the YA Crush tourney-which Will won convincingly–Cassandra Clare shared a snippet from Clockwork Princess, which is due out on March 19, 2013.

The “happy” snippet features Will & Tessa.

“Will!”

He turned at the familiar voice and saw Tessa. There was a small path cut along the side of the hill, lined with unfamiliar white flowers, and she was walking up it, toward him. Her long brown hair blew in the wind — she had taken off her straw bonnet, and held it in one hand, waving it at him and smiling as if she were glad to see him.

His own heart leaped up at the sight of her. “Tess,” he called. But she was still such a distance away — she seemed both very near and very far suddenly and at the same time. He could see every detail of her pretty, upturned face, but could not touch her, and so he stood, waiting and desiring, and his heart beat like the wings of seagulls in his chest.

At last she was there, close enough that he could see where the grass and flowers bent beneath the tread of her shoes. He reached out for her —

What did you think of the snippet? Sound off in the comments!

24 Comments on Cassandra Clare shares ‘Clockwork Princess’ snippet featuring Will & Tessa

1. I think it’s Will’s dream.

2. I need MORE.

CP2, can’t you come sooner? I need you!

3. sounds like a dream.

4. If THAT is a happy snippet then I don’t even want to think about what a sad one is like. I’m thinking we’re in for a whole lot of pain and emotional suffering in CP2 from Will- i don’t want that, I love him too damn much! Lol.

5. i don’t care if its a dream!!!!!! it was so GOOD:)

6. Awww! Are you seriously ending it THERE?!! So not cool, Cassie! Why you gotta torture us?

7. Catherine Valentine // July 26, 2012 at 2:26 PM // Reply

she probaly ended it there because it was a dream. if she put in the part were it revealed it was a dream it wuld ruin it for anyone who thought it wasnt. and if it was not a dream it wuld ruin it for people who thought it was a dream and if they were to kiss int the next bit it would spoil the end

8. he reached out for her… and he woke up.

9. I don’t get why everyone is rooting for tessa, she plays with both Jem and Will’s heart. If she is to be with Jem, Will is hurt if she is with Will, Jem is hurt.. If this was you in this situation would you be able to do that to a friend, and what I don’t get is and as Cassandra has pointed out immortality and mortality don’t mix hence the magnus and alec breakup, furthermore, Will needs to have babies (Tessa can’t have babies) because if he doesn’t then how can the Herondale line exist (Stephen and more importantly JACE). In addition to this Cassandra is writing another shadowhunter trilogy where the main character is Emma CASTAIRS which says to me Jem therefore must produce in order for him name to exist in 2015. Unless Tessa is not immortal and can have babies I cannot see how any relationship with her could benefit Will or Jem given TMI & TDA. I don’t get why people do not see this. I don’t really care for Tessa that much she is portrayed as this strong independent woman yet she cannot tell Jem she is in love with Will at the beginning. Will treats her badly so she goes for the 2nd choice which is Jem. Furthermore, isn’t the bond and brotherhood between Will and Jem more important?? what will happen to their friendship and the love they have for one another . Cassandra would be best to write in new love interests for each of the 3 characters. This love triangle with break the bond between Will and Jem and that to me is far worse that not getting the girl!!

• Ria Jace Herondale // July 26, 2012 at 6:58 PM // Reply

I TOTALLY agree with you about MOST of it but I DEFIANTLY want Will and Tessa to go together. I honestly think that Jem is coming in between them. I WANT Jem to have a happy ending with someone ELSE and NOT Tessa (but STILL have a happy ending.) As for Tessa going to Jem as her 2nd choice because Will treated her badly, she is a twit couldn’t she try to find out why he is like this, GOOD LORD SHE HAS NOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a piece of advice for Tessa… YOU DON’T RUN OFF TO SOMEONE ELSE JUST BECAUSE HE HURT YOU’RE FEELINGS, U TRY TO FIND OUT THE REASON WHY THIS HAPPENED, P.S GET A BRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• so Tessa given she can have kids has to watch the man she loves and their children and their children and so on die, I can see it now 18/19 year old Tessa walking down the street with her 18 year old grandson/daughter and them calling her granny!! it can’t work immortality and mortality. Will deserves to be with someone he can grow old with, watch his kids grow and his grandkids. My heart broke for Will in CP and I wanted to crawl in that book and cuddle him and say everything will be okay. he did the honourable thing with regards to Jem and Tessa. They all deserve happiness but could you marry someone knowing you would have to watch them grow old then watch your kids die then your grandkids. And if Tessa did have kids why didnt she step in and try to save stephen?

• Ria Jace Herondale // October 9, 2012 at 10:31 PM //

Rachel, I totally agree with you on this one, at first I was all, “WILL AND TESSA FOREVER!!!!!!” but now I see your COMPLETELY right, Will deserves to be with someone who will spend her ENTIRE life with him, loving and caring for him. Will deserves more then Tessa, a girl who broke her heart. And will probably break the heart of his best friend.

• I like Tessa, but it’s the point that she’s immortal that makes me fear that she’ll end up with niether Will or Jem in the end. We know that Tessa is immortal because she makes an appearance in City of Glass. We also know that both Will and Jem have children at some point, whether one of them has their children with Tessa, we don’t know yet. The thing is, Tessa isn’t a normal Warlock. Her father was a demon and her mother was a Shadowhunter, Mortmain somehow was able to “create” her. It’s the fact that she’s not a normal Warlock that makes me think that she may actually be able to have children unlike normal Warlocks. Correct me if I’m wrong but I was thinking that some immortals can have children, like fairies and demons.

• Mrs Michaela Herondale // July 27, 2012 at 9:34 AM // Reply

You idiot! XD. We don’t like Tessa. Not one bit. We like the guys, and we want them to be happy. Unfortunately, that means that Tessa has to be happy. Well, we might like her a bit…

10. TeamEdwardJace // July 26, 2012 at 8:19 PM // Reply

i want will and tessa to be together and awesome snippet! and i think it’s a dream

11. Well I think its a dream to n I agree what tessa is doing to the 2 guys is wrong this last book is hard to try n work out what mite happen 😦

12. There was a hint in the Codex book that is coming out, that there would be facts different that what Shadow Hunters knew about downworlders, etc. I’ll bet she can have kids.

13. I love it!! Just makes me want to read the book even more!! I love will!!! 😀

14. Okay I love it because finally there is something with Will and Tessa but I must say……That does NOT sound real….sounds like he’s dreaming or its a vision or something :/

15. I personally think this is going to end up being a dream or something similar because I don’t think Cassie would ever release something that is exactly what it sounds like!

16. kayla barton // December 29, 2012 at 3:52 PM // Reply

it think it real

17. kayla barton // August 31, 2012 at 5:30 PM // Reply

i really like the snippet and i think tessa can have kids

1 Trackback / Pingback

1. Shadowhunter Talk Episode 3: Alec casting rumor and Cassie’s Birthday « TMI Source