New ‘Clockwork Princess’ snippet featuring Will, Tessa & Jem

In honor of Jem’s YA Crush Tourney match against Finnick–which Jem won convincingly–Cassandra Clare shared a snippet from Clockwork Princess.

The snippet features Will, Tessa and Jem.

Will’s eyes met Tessa’s as she came closer, almost tripping again over the torn hem of her gown. For a moment, they were in perfect understanding. Jem was what they could still look each other straight in the eye about. On the topic of Jem, they were both fierce and unyielding. Tessa saw Will’s hand tighten on Jem’s sleeve. “She’s here,” he said.

Jem’s eyes opened slowly. Tessa fought to keep the look of shock from her face. His pupils were blown out, his irises a thin ring of silver around the black. “Ni shou shang le ma, quin ai de?” he whispered.

Clockwork Princess will be released on March 19, 2013.

Clare promised a Magnus snippet tomorrow.

What do you think about the snippet? Sound off in the comments!

35 Comments on New ‘Clockwork Princess’ snippet featuring Will, Tessa & Jem

1. Poor Jem. :/

2. jenny lightwood-herondale // July 28, 2012 at 4:26 PM // Reply

squueeee but poor jem (tessa and will it sounds as if there loseing there best friend and fiencea(i cant spell))

3. i don’t know what ‘Ni shou shang le ma, quin ai de?’ means (i even googled it) but it doesn’t sound good at all D:

4. Oh Jem! </3

5. I read that it means, “Are you hurt, my dear?”.

6. Ria Jace Herondale // July 28, 2012 at 5:38 PM // Reply

Poor Jem, i do hope that Will and Tessa go together in the end but not at Jem’s expense (only if its SUPER painful)

7. Why does this sound to me like a wedding or something? I’m sure it’s not that, but it sure as hell sounds like it…. :S

• Thats exactly what I was thinking…especially how Will said “she’s here” isn’t that how it goes at weddings when the bride is walking down the isle? I sure hope its NOT a wedding though…I love Jem and all, but I think he should end up with someone else…I just love Tessa&Will too much 😦

8. Ria Jace Herondale // July 28, 2012 at 5:56 PM // Reply

Does anyone else think the Brother Zachariah is Jem????????????

I think Bro Z IS Jem because…

1. His eye colour is dark like Jem’s
    2. His hair colour is Dark and Jem’s is described as Black but it could fade like ours (hence why we use hair dye)
    *after becoming a Silent Brother, the demon blood was taken out of him and his eye and hair colour was restored (maybe his hair colour faded)*
    3. Bro Z said that there were two people who he would have died for (or something like that) and Jem loves Tessa and Will the most (Tessa his fiancée and Will his parabati {sorry, cant spell})
    *i’m confident that Bro Z is NOT Will because Will has BLUE eyes and Will has many people he loves (Tessa, Jem, Cecily {hope I spelled her name right} etc. {probably})*

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???????????????

9. I THINK SOMETHING BAD HAPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mabye somthing attacked them at the WEDDING!!!

10. TMI & TID Fangirl // July 28, 2012 at 6:03 PM // Reply

This just makes me want the book so much more!

11. Omg I think we in for a really sad book I cant wait tho poor jem 😦

12. Blue & Silver eyes // July 28, 2012 at 9:09 PM // Reply

This just makes me even more impatient

13. TeamEdwardJace // July 28, 2012 at 10:02 PM // Reply

i do hope Tessa and will end up together and that jem finds someone. after all there’se emma. i am getting so anxious for the book release!

• Ok, this may be a very stupid question…..but whose Emma?

• Emma is Will’s younger sister. She showed up at the institute at the very end of Clockwork Prince wanting to be trained to be a Shadowhunter.

• Sorry I was wrong. Emma is not Will’s sister that would be Cecily. SORRY!!

14. I think this book is gonna break my heart!

15. Herondale 101 // July 29, 2012 at 1:20 AM // Reply

this really is gonna break my heart because i am torn between these two gorgeous guys that i want tessa to be with them both but thats impossible and tessa gets hurt by what??? and shes tripping over the hem of her gown?? is this the whole ” and the ruins of her wedding dress”

16. Emma is a carstairs sorry if its not spelt rite so jem has a kid somewhere along the lines cos emma is in the lot of books cc is gonna do after tmi

17. Okay, so if you’ve read the CP snippets so far, you know that Tessa’s gold wedding dress gets ruined. I’m guessing that the wedding gets ruined somehow, and this is Tessa’s reunion with Jem after the fighting dies down. AHHHH THIS BOOK IS GOING TO RIP ME TO PIECES

1 Trackback / Pingback

1. Shadowhunter Talk Episode 3: Alec casting rumor and Cassie’s Birthday « TMI Source