New CLOCKWORK PRINCESS snippet featuring Jem & Tessa

In honor of Jem’s YA Crush Tourney victory over Magnus last week, Cassandra Clare has shared another snippet from Clockwork Princess, due out March 19, 2013.

The scene features Jem and Tessa discussing heroes–and Will.

“Though Will was saying earlier,” Tessa added, “that heroes all come to bad ends, and he could not imagine why anyone would want to be one, anyway.”

“Ah.” Jem’s hand squeezed hers briefly, and then let it go. “Well, Will is looking at it from the hero’s viewpoint, isn’t he? But as for the rest of us, it’s an easy answer.”

“Is it?”

“Of course.” His voice was almost a whisper now. “Heroes endure because we need them. Not for their own sakes. If Will …”

Jem will face-off against a familiar face in Will in the Final Four of the YA Crush Tourney on Wednesday, August 8.

What do you think of the snippet? What do you think of the upcoming Team Cassie Showdown between Jem and Will? Sound off in the comments!

22 Comments on New CLOCKWORK PRINCESS snippet featuring Jem & Tessa

1. Mm wot to think of that lol

2. If Will what?????i want to know!!!!!

3. mykena(future mrs. wayland // August 6, 2012 at 12:31 AM // Reply

If will… what? Tell me i want to know! K well i wish magnus would have won but i cant do anything now so what ev… but wow that will kill me will and jem omg jem and magnus scared me why i thought would they do that but now thats meen! Srry jem my vote is for will! Love you! Vote will i love his… temper? No i love how hes like a regular boy he says the rong thing at the rong time just like jace well deffinatly family resemblance there! Haha! Vote will!

4. mykena(future mrs. wayland // August 6, 2012 at 12:54 AM // Reply

K i am srry for this it maybseem outrageous but plz answer this ? for me but k u know the guy who played seneca crane in hunger games? Well like it or not i call dibs cuz hes hot… i just want to make that clear k thats not my ? Here it is what if he played will herondale you know minus the beard look at a regular pic of him and tell me he couldbe will just a thought possibly rediculus but i say he could work he just needs a litte hair cut and beard cut haha i am open for coments just dont tell me im stupid though k i will feel bad hehe! But i want to hear feed back i am sill looking for a jem but will post his name and probably call dibs when i find the purfect jem but plz let me know what you think!!!!!

5. mykena(future mrs. wayland // August 6, 2012 at 1:18 AM // Reply

K so regarding my last post k this idea is purfect for will sondisregard that last one k google serch nicholas hoult he is beautiful with short black hair and blue eyes omg someone else can have seneca crane i call dibs on him haha now you can love his beard and i can love thisbeautiful replica of will from the book! Ahhhhhh hes gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! Again dibs suckuz tell me what you think of this guy hes not just ok like seneca hes purfect an now mine!!!!!! TELL ME WHAT YOU TINK! 🙂

• Dragoness101 // August 6, 2012 at 4:23 AM // Reply

why are you talking hunger games here? Don’t get me wrong love the series but this is for Cassies books.

• mykena(future mrs. wayland // August 6, 2012 at 12:51 PM //

Well i wasnt i was talking about actors ant that one just hapened to be in hunger games

• Absolutely Nicholas Hoult for Will!!! You’re right, he is beautiful 🙂 I was hoping he would play Alec, and I was SO dissapointed when they chose someone else. To me it seems like the guy who played Seneca Crane in HG is a little too old for Will. Although, a good makeup artist can take off about ten years, so I guess they could make it work. Definately Nicholas Hoult though, if I could choose.

• mykena(future mrs. wayland // August 6, 2012 at 12:56 PM //

I know i wish nicholous hoult was alec but i would be overjoyed if he was will he has a sort of i am not sure what to call it but i want nicholas that is mybchoice if i could pic too 🙂 eeeee i cant wait to find out … everything about all the cast for both cob and clockwork angel!

6. Michaela Herondale // August 6, 2012 at 8:00 AM // Reply

I love Will… I seriously hope he ends up with Tessa… He is so sweet!!! Who else felt really sorry for him in Clockwork Prince? I can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!

• Ria Jace Herondale // August 6, 2012 at 9:51 AM // Reply

I ❤ Will and I desperately want Tessa to go with him. I have nothing against Jem (except for the part where he is stealing Tessa from Will {thats SUPER wrong because they BELONG TO EACH OTHER}) but Will and Tessa forever!

• mykena(future mrs. wayland // August 7, 2012 at 12:04 PM // Reply

I love will and really want him to go to with tessa they are purfect!

7. I adore Will, too, but I adore Jem even more. He’s just so, so sweet and selfless. Will is a wonderful person too, with a past basically just as tragic as Jem’s, and he loves to read, but still. Jem is so much better. Team Jem Forever!

• mykena(future mrs. wayland // August 6, 2012 at 1:01 PM // Reply

Yeh well i like that about jem too but what i like about will is hes exactally like a real boy! He says the rong thing at the rong time!!!! 🙂

8. TeamEdwardJace // August 6, 2012 at 3:23 PM // Reply

i’m getting so anxious now for cobs! and i love jem but Team Will!:D

9. TeamEdwardJace // August 6, 2012 at 4:31 PM // Reply

i mean clockwork princess and city of bones!

10. IsabellaDK // August 6, 2012 at 5:56 PM // Reply

Soooo we still need a Simon, Alec and Magnus…
    But i cant wait for CP2 ! IM SO EXCITED

11. I love both Jem and Will. I know that Will is meant to end up with Tessa. But Jem, Is so sweet. If only another girl fell in love with him, everything would be okay. So #TEAM JEM<3

12. Team will!!!!!!!!! although jem is so sweet….it’s just that he isn’t as exiting and unexspectable as wlii!!!!!! I literally threw the book on my wall when jem proposed (hes lovely but can’t he see that will and tessa are made for eachother)

13. Will is a super predictable choice. He’s like the exact same as Jace, anyway, so c’mon! Let’s see the heroine pick the nice guy for once, and not the sarcastic jerk, who really has a heart of gold if you’d just get to know him.