New CLOCKWORK PRINCESS snippet: Will and Tessa try to save Jem

Because of the unexpected delay of Sarah, Maureen and Cassandra’s secret, Cassie has shared another CLOCKWORK PRINCESS snippet as an apology.

CLOCKWORK PRINCESS, the final book of THE INFERNAL DEVICES, is out on March 19, 2013.

“You do not want to help us,” Will said to Magnus. “You do not want to position yourself as an enemy of Mortmain’s.”

“Well, can you blame him?” Woolsey rose in a whirl of yellow silk. “What could you possibly have to offer that would make the risk worth it to him?”

“I will give you anything,” said Tessa in a low voice that Will felt in his bones. “Anything at all, if you can help us help Jem.”

Magnus gripped a handful of his black hair. “God, the two of you. I can make inquiries. Track down some of the more unusual shipping routes. Old Molly —”

“I’ve been to her,” Will said. “Something’s frightened her so badly she won’t even crawl out of her grave.”

Woolsey snorted. “And that doesn’t tell you anything, little Shadowhunter? Is it really worth all this, just to stretch your friend’s life out another few months, another year? He will die anyway. And the sooner he dies, the sooner you can have his fiancée, the one you’re in love with.” He cut his amused gaze toward Tessa. “Really you ought to be counting down the days till he expires with great eagerness.”

Check out all the snippets here. Only 105 days left!

About Cathrin (707 Articles)
Writer for TMI Source and 'The Shadowhunter Chronicles' lover extraordinaire. Fangirls over books, history, German football, movies and fictional characters.

32 Comments on New CLOCKWORK PRINCESS snippet: Will and Tessa try to save Jem

1. Dear God…. Seems to me woolsey is slightly dangerous;-)

2. Ria Jace Herondale // December 3, 2012 at 4:22 PM // Reply

Oh dear, I’m afraid to say Magnus might be right.

3. Woolsey was probably right, but it was very tactless of him to say it aloud :-S
    BTW I DON’T WANT JEM TO DIE T____T

4. Well, that went over well.

5. Jace campbell lightwood (; // December 3, 2012 at 4:50 PM // Reply

Wessa, wow woosley is blunt… Omg excited i cant wait for this book

6. hailey flagg // December 3, 2012 at 5:11 PM // Reply

Oh.  My.  Freaking.  GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

________________________________

7. nevertrustaduck // December 3, 2012 at 6:44 PM // Reply

I officially hate Woolsey Scott. So cruel!!!
    Cassie said the secret had to do with Peru. Magnus anyone? 😉

8. dogpileonwill // December 3, 2012 at 6:50 PM // Reply

Am I the only one who actually wants will and Tessa to end up together?? I don’t doubt that Will and Tessa are made for each other, no one has to tell me that… I just think that they’ve made their beds, so they better lie in them. Will had his chance at Tessa, she had her chance at Will.
    But anyway, I’m done being philosophical. Maybe Tessa’s love for Jem strengthens when she realized how close she is to losing him. I hope they find a cure. What if Will has to become a Silent Brother to cure Jem?? That’s probably a dumb theory. Oh well xP

• I actually do think Will and Tessa are made for each other. I’ll be very very sad if Cassie doesn’t give them to each other. But I do fear her plans are not so simple…Tessa so obviously being immortal and all the noble loyalty they both feel towards Jem. Or do we get an example from her and Will’s (or Jem’s) relationship, that would last some 60 years, for Alec to accept as his and Magnus’s way forward…?

9. I really think that Jem is the Silent Brother who seems to have the knowledge of the Lightewood family and actually a fondness for them. But we must also remember that there is Emma Carstairs in the last series. Cassandra always likes to keep us guessing.

• Opps I meant Herondale family

• I agree with you about Jem becoming a Shadowhunter (Thats’s prob the only way to save his life) but i think maybe Jessamine might be pregnant with Nates son and use the Carstair’s name since she hates Nate and doesn’t want to disgrace the Lovelace name by being a single mother i guess. Just a theory, since Emma and Jessamine both have blonde hair.

10. Aww some shit is about to go down!! Will is either about to get really angry or really quiet,

11. But in old snippet, Will said that he wouldnt want to be with Tessa if Jem dies. He said it wouldnnt be right, gaining something from his death. Maybe Woosley is just speaking what he sees. Not a lot of people in the series actually know the real Will and how he reacts to things.

12. Harsh much, Magnus? I wont sit here and seeth at Magnus. He’s not a coward or cruel. He just knows whats in their hearts, no matter how much they try to deny it. But they do love Jem and he is worth saving.

I think Mortmaine is sending Jem to Shanghi, where he’s originally from. Jem asked in Clockwork Angel if Tessa could tell him what his fathers last thoughts were when be was dying, so Jem has issues to work out that he just doesn’t dwell on. Well, that we know of. How appropriate would it be for him to die in his homeland by the demon that killed his parents?

13. I think that perhaps Jen is dying because the supply of yin fen is running out. There was mention in CP of werewolves who were taking the drug so that they could work longer (they said that them working longer pleased Mortmain- so at least some werewolves have an affiliation with Mortmain. Charlotte talks to Woolsey Scott about this, but he claims that the only wolves that are working for Mortmain are the ones that are not part of any pack. I still suspect that Woolsey may not be telling all that he knows though – he seems a bit suspicious, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he turns out to be loyal to Mortmain or some entity that is not a friend of the Clave . . . Back to the yin fen supply . . .) anyway, the supply could have run out. That would explain Magnus saying that he would look to some of the more unusual shipping routes. He could possibly be looking for shipments of yin fen that haven’t been bought up yet. Also, this could explain the quote where Jem’s eyes are almost completely silver – perhaps he is that way in that scene because his body is failing due to the lack of the drug. Or, it could be that he took too much out of desperation if he had been deprived from the drug for a long time due to shortage.

14. i totally am team wessa but I don’t want jem to die either. I want him to find someone and jesus, woosley, i ‘d want to slap him if i were tessa I’d slap him even though I’d choose will

15. Ahh!! Just because I want Will to be Tessa.. doesn’t mean I want Jem to Die. Just want him to love someone else. Then Will, will be Free love Tessa ENTIRELY ❤ ❤ ❤

• Ria Jace Herondale // December 4, 2012 at 3:50 PM // Reply

I don’t think ANYONE (ok, maybe SOME people) wants Tessa and Jem to go together, we all want Tessa and Will, but NO ONE wants Jem to die.

16. I wouldn’t want Jem to be with Tessa because she doesn’t love him that way. It would be all he wants but not what he deserves. I hope Jem gets to live somehow and finds someone who loves hi as Tessa loves Will or else go in a good way, I just love that character.

17. Ooh that is cold, so cold.

18. that is so akward!!!!!!!!

19. Woolsey Scott, what a bitch!!! Poor Will obviously feels bad enough as it is without making him feel worse

20. woolsley!!! gosh so blunt.
    dont want jem to die but im team wessa!!!

21. there is something about sophie and i think we might find out more about her in clockwork princess – when Thomas was dying he was saying sophie is…………….( and i don’t think it was about his feelings)
    Anyway so i was thinking……maybe Jem could end up with Will’s sister Cecily after a while thus the Carstairs name flows on – one possibility