MORTAL INSTRUMENTS: CITY OF BONES to take over WonderCon 2013

TMI movie cut Cassandra Clare, Lily Collins, Jamie Campbell Bower, Kevin Zegers, Harald Zwart and perhaps others will be making an appearance at WonderCon 2013 in Anaheim, Calif., which runs from March 29-31, to promote The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. Lily invited Shadowhunters to WonderCon, where there will be a Mortal Instruments panel. There will be a Q & A session and they will unveil the new theatrical trailer and movie poster shortly before it is released.

Cassandra Clare shared this info:
Hey guys it’s Lily. I’m so excited to tell you that we’re going to be in Anaheim California for this year’s Wondercon where you will get an exclusive sneak peek of The Mortal Instruments and you’ll get to see our new trailer and poster. I hope to see you there. So 1) yes, Lily, Jamie, Harald, me, and perhaps others :) will be at Wondercon in Anaheim this year, doing a panel, answering questions, and most of all — debuting the new theatrical trailer and the new poster that will go up in theaters! 2) While it would be absolutely awesome if you could attend Wondercon to see us, if you don’t: this is still very good news since what it means is that there will be a new theatrical trailer and a new poster ready to go out into the world at the end of March. Wondercon is just a way of saying “THESE ARE READY TO GO!” (And trust me when I find out exactly when our Wondercon panel is and which movie the trailer will be attached to, I will post about it RIGHT HERE. I have been asking myself almost every day.) 3) Wondercon website: http://www.comic-con.org/wca

Cassie also took the time to post the following as a response to Lily’s video on Facebook:

Hey guys: I rarely post here, but do keep in mind that while the trailer and poster will debut at Wondercon (which is very normal for movies, debuting trailers etc at Wondercon/Comicon) the point is that this means that there will be a new trailer, which will go out into theaters, as of end of March, and a new poster, which will also go out into theaters, at the same time. No one releases posters/trailers just at a convention and no where else since as you say, most people can’t attend. It is a way of announcing that the trailer/poster is ready to go.

Stay tuned as more details are announced, including the date and time of the Mortal Instruments panel.

Any Shadowhunters planning on heading to WonderCon?

21 Comments on MORTAL INSTRUMENTS: CITY OF BONES to take over WonderCon 2013

1. Lena Grace // March 11, 2013 at 6:32 PM // Reply

I wish I lived in California.

2. bluebelle37 // March 11, 2013 at 6:34 PM // Reply

I live so close to there! I will definitely try to convince my parents to let me go!

3. teamedwardjace // March 11, 2013 at 6:52 PM // Reply

i cannot wait and yeah tmi’s up and centre!

4. Gisell Carstairs Herondale // March 11, 2013 at 7:07 PM // Reply

I live in San Diego but my parents wouldn’t make the drive :/ So disappointing. I hope they release the footage though 🙂

5. Melissa Nicole // March 11, 2013 at 7:21 PM // Reply

Hey. I know that the Mortal Instruments people from the film are going to be there! There’s also going to be new trailer and posters! And I also know that the convention runs from March 29-31. But what I wanted to know specifically is, what day and time will they be going on? Thanks.

6. I excepted Lily Collins as Clary. But that guy who plays Jace isn’t hot enough for the part, now that I think of it. I’m not even happy about this 1 and the next 5 movies

• “That guy” is JAMIE CAMPBELL BOWER and he couldn’t be HOTTER!!!!!!!!!!!. If you’re not happy about any of the movies why are you even here?

7. Will the cast do a signing???? I’ll be at WonderCon for my very first time, and now I am super excited!!!

8. Awwwww!!!! So far away. 😦 If I happen to be lucky enough to win the lottery I am so there. I just wish they would come up to Canada (Toronto or Ottawa or Montreal) to do a signing. I’d take time off work to go 🙂 It sure would be a dream come true!!!

9. Jamie Campbell bower is not Hot. But it doesn’t matter because you can’t change anything. We’re just gonna have to get used to him.

• Honestly? 😦 I think he’s pretty hot. I wish people would just seriously cut him some slack for not living up to their expected sheer perfection for Jace. Then again, it isn’t anywhere near as bad as it was back a year ago. But it still annoys me whenever I have to read a typical “Jamie is this/that” comment.

• People whined about Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen too, and once they saw him inTwilight he was being screamed at like a Beatle! The same will happen with Jamie as Jace. Just wait and watch the magic happen. Then we can say I told you so!

10. It would be the one place on earth I would wear Steampunk clothes for ID. WishI lived near California. Sigh…

11. At least I’m actually gonna endure him. People like Tawna won’t even give him a chance. I’ve loved the books since the first one came out. waiting this long then stop loving the series because this little thing would be pathetic. I can’t wait to watch it.

12. I live an hour from Anaheim…I’m so there.

13. Shelby Isaac // March 14, 2013 at 12:09 AM // Reply

I live in Maryland but I am buying everything now… So last minute but so worth it.

1. ‘The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones’ Cast Heading to WonderconYoung Adult Hollywood | Young Adult Hollywood
  2. MORTAL INSTRUMENTS: CITY OF BONES takes over WonderCon 2013 on March 30 | TMI Source