Benedict Lightwood tarot card by Cassandra Jean

Clockwork Princess will be released in 3 DAYS and Cassandra Clare has once again shared The Infernal Devices tarot cards on her tumblr.

She posted tarot cards of Gideon, Gabriel, Robert, Maryse, Alec and Isabelle Lightwood – which we have seen before – and a new one. Check out Benedict Lightwood:

Here’s what Cassie had to say:

The Lightwoods, then and now, from The Shadowhunter Tarot by Cassandra Jean.

Pretty creepy, right? Is this how you imagined Benedict? Sound off in the comments!

Check out the other Lightwood tarot cards here and here.

About Cathrin (843 Articles)
Admin and writer for TMI Source and 'The Shadowhunter Chronicles' lover extraordinaire. Fangirls over books, history, German football, movies and fictional characters.

14 Comments on Benedict Lightwood tarot card by Cassandra Jean

1. Demon Pox will do that to a person.

• That’s what I thought but I didn’t want to write it in the article in case I spoilered someone 😉 He could have looked worse, though. *coughs* first chapter of Clockwork Princess *coughs*

2. It’s not how I pictured him but I think the tarot card is pretty damn cool!

3. KikilovesJace // March 16, 2013 at 2:28 PM // Reply

I hope he gets what he deserves in clockwork princess. >:)

4. Mrs. Carstairs // March 16, 2013 at 4:37 PM // Reply

SPOILERS*
    That’s what Demon pod does to you. I think I can picture him turning into a Worm. But, sadly when I was younger I loved digging for worms! I still do! Darn Benedict ruined that for me(a little) 😉

5. teamedwardjace // March 16, 2013 at 5:31 PM // Reply

he’s going to look wormy. this card is fantastic. bendict deserves what he gets i feel

6. ” […] Sprawled across [Benedict Lightwood’s] chest, Tessa saw to
    her shock, was a woman—or at least it had the form of a woman. Long black
    hair worn loose, a low-cut black velvet gown—and the heads of little serpents
    poking out from her eyes, hissing. As Tessa watched, one of them extended
    a long, forked tongue and licked the side of Benedict Lightwood’s face.”
    (from CP)
    And this demon woman is none other than LILITH, confirmed by CC herself.
    “A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters.”
    (from CP2 official synopsis)
    I think that Lilith has a (possibly major) role to play in CP2 and that Mortmain is in fact related to Valentine and Sebastian, linking the ID to TMI and CoHF.
    Just 2 more days left to find out.

• IrishShowhuntersAnonymous // March 17, 2013 at 11:05 AM // Reply

Thats a really good point, I can’t wait to find out now. But that would mean he is also related to Clary. I really don’t know if I am going to be able to maintain enough self control to stay away from the family tree in CP2, I really hope so!

• Thanks! Yeah, me neither, I need my book like yesterday! I think about it over and over. It drives me crazy! And yes, this would mean he is also related to Clary and, I don’t know, the Sebastian – Clary interaction in CoLS hint that Clary has a dark side as well, but I haven’t given much thought about that lately..
        I have already re-read CA and CP in await of CP2 and I will definitely re-read all 5 TMI books under the light of the (hopefully) newly answered questions provided in CP2. And I’m also very interested in TDA and the way TID, TMI and TDA are all woven together.

7. Lena Grace // March 16, 2013 at 7:13 PM // Reply

can someone please make a drawing of [SPOILERS] benedict as a worm? I need to see that

8. Depthsofthemind // March 16, 2013 at 11:04 PM // Reply

So this is What Scum looks like.

9. Israel Leon // March 17, 2013 at 12:00 AM // Reply

Will Robert fix his relationship with his son Alec in City of Heavenly Fire.

10. That’s unexpected…I imagined valentine like that rather than Benedict

11. Demon pox, demon pox… Lol. I love Wills reaction!