Cassandra Clare shares screencaps from new MORTAL INSTRUMENTS trailer

Cassandra Clare gave fans a sneak peek at the new The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones theatrical trailer, which will make its online debut on Monday, April 1--and yes, you read that correctly, on April 1. There has been no announcement yet of exactly what time and place the trailer will debut, but stay tuned for details. Check out the five high-res screencaps: TMI5

Clary in the library at the Institute. One of my favorite sets.

TMI4

A particular greenhouse …

TMI2

A photograph of Jocelyn from days gone by.

TMI3

Looking better in black.

TMI1

The High Warlock of Brooklyn. Hello, Magnus!

Here’s what Cassie had to say about the trailer:

I loved the extended trailer — there’s some lovely funny bits and some great Simon and Alec stuff — and I hope you’ll love it too!

Fans that are headed to WonderCon on Saturday will get an early look at the theatrical trailer at a Mortal Instruments panel at 2:30 p.m. PST. Cassandra Clare, Lily Collins, Jamie Campbell Bower, Kevin Zegers and Harald Zwart will all be in attendance for a Q & A at the panel.

What do you think of the screencaps? Which scene are you most looking forward to seeing in the trailer?

About Alyssa (2711 Articles)
Owner of TMI Source. Journalist and teacher by day, fangirl by night. Alyssa is too obsessed with sports, television, books, superheroes, and Shadowhunters for her own good.

23 Comments on Cassandra Clare shares screencaps from new MORTAL INSTRUMENTS trailer

1. The stills are amazing!

2. Fangirlgushing // March 27, 2013 at 2:46 PM // Reply

I can’t even breathe right now.

3. Lena Grace // March 27, 2013 at 2:54 PM // Reply

I am so excited!!! I saw the one for the greenhouse and all most screamed.😀

4. JaceYourMine! // March 27, 2013 at 2:56 PM // Reply

omg these have just raised my excitment even more….and i don’t even no how thats possible!!!!:D

5. KikiLOVESJace // March 27, 2013 at 3:10 PM // Reply

Inthink I’m getting so exciyed!😀

6. Jamie looks particularly Jace-y in that picture. Love it. Good choice casting director. Good choice. Jamie is Jace.

7. midnightrose434 // March 27, 2013 at 3:20 PM // Reply

thanks Cassie for sharing! can’t wait to see the trailer! wonder what music will be in the background?

8. ! ! ! OMG ! ! !
    *happy dances*

9. Israel Leon // March 27, 2013 at 3:34 PM // Reply

Magnus looks tough and angry at the same time.

10. midnightrose434 // March 27, 2013 at 3:59 PM // Reply

I wonder if that’s a pic of Jocelyn in ‘The Circle’ days……

11. My god I am SOOOO fan girling so hard right now!!!!!!😀😀 The Greenhouse scene! MAGNUS!!!! MY GOD can the trailer faster?!?!

And for all you who thought Jamie was a horrible choice for Jace Lightwood…. SUCK IT!!!! lol🙂

12. Is this real life?

OR IS THIS JUST FANTASY??

13. Caroline Blackthorn // March 27, 2013 at 5:01 PM // Reply

MMMAAAAGNUUUUUSSSSSS!!!!!!! I’m the most excited for Magnus and the funny parts Cassie was talking about.

14. I hurt my arm because I was just that excited, jeez. I am going to need a gurney when the full trailer is released o.O

15. NORKA LUNA // March 27, 2013 at 9:06 PM // Reply

I wanna cry right now, the greenhouse oh my dear god

16. Every night, I can’t sleep because i think of tmi too much

17. MAGNUS *O* omg I’m going craaaazzzzyyy for that still

18. You know what? I could die right now, I’m so happy🙂
    But I need to see the whole trailer. I love Magnus! I just love him! His eyes🙂🙂
    And the greenhouse scene!!!

19. KikiLOVESJace // March 28, 2013 at 5:06 PM // Reply

I’m getting so excited everytime I see those pictures! I can’t wait for April 1st to come. Why can it not come sooner?

20. Magnus,Magnus, MAGNUS FUCKIN BANE,…KYYAAHHHH…*dead-faint*…

21. All I can says is Shadowhunters bring on the rest!

22. The looking better in black… Oh Jace

23. OMG JACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jamie is so Jace. He is the best Jace in the entire universe.
    I can’t wait for the trailer….or the movie!!!!! I’m still watching the teaser trailer almost every day!!!!!