First synopsis for ‘CITY OF HEAVENLY FIRE’

City of Heavenly Fire cut

The first synopsis of City of Heavenly Fire, the conclusion Cassandra Clare’s international bestselling The Mortal Instruments, has hit the web.

ERCHOMAI, SEBASTIAN HAD SAID.

I am coming.

Darkness returns to the Shadowhunter world. As their society falls apart around them, Clary, Jace, Simon and their friends must band together to fight the greatest evil the Nephilim have ever faced: Clary’s own brother. Nothing in the world can defeat him — must they journey to another world to find the chance? Lives will be lost, love sacrificed, and the whole world changed in the sixth and last installment of the Mortal Instruments series!

The date of the release is a little more confusing. The official Shadowhunter app says March 1, 2014, but the website says April 2014. So we’ll go with an estimated release of March/April 2014 until we hear a confirmed date.

Catch up on all the City of Heavenly Fire snippets and spoilery art released so far.

What do you think of the synopsis? Sound off in the comments!

34 Comments on First synopsis for ‘CITY OF HEAVENLY FIRE’

1. Coolies.

2. The spoilery arts are killing me!!!!

3. just dying out of fear

4. ahhhh!!!!!!! Can’t wait!!

5. CASSIE WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME.

6. MY BABIESSSSS. NOPE. NOPE. I SHOULDN’T HAVE READ THIS.

7. Mel Powers // May 3, 2013 at 11:40 AM // Reply

STOP DOING THIS TO ME! I DIE A LITTLE BIT INSIDE EVERYTIME!! By the angel

8. JACE'SAJERK // May 3, 2013 at 11:41 AM // Reply

Jonathan is coming- beware!

9. JaceYourMine!! // May 3, 2013 at 11:55 AM // Reply

NO NO NO………..”lives will be lost”!!!! NO NOOO!! Cassie i cant COPEEEEEEE with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. You are killing me Cassie. I think by the end of next year i will officially be drowned in feels. Thank you v.v

11. NORKA LUNA // May 3, 2013 at 2:01 PM // Reply

Lives will be lost? MORE LIVES????? Oh my dear God.

12. who will be lost? i really hope isn’t it clary, jace, simon, izzy, alec, or mangus! same with jordan but deaths of othe characters would be harder! and i hope clace’s sizzys, or malaclecs love isn’t sacrificed.

13. IrishShowhuntersAnonymous // May 3, 2013 at 2:52 PM // Reply

Ok I have a question, I’m sure there is probably a really obvious answer that I’m just not seeing. Both Tessa and Jonathon/Sebastian have both demon and shadowhunter blood, so how is it that Tessa is so integrally good when Jonathon is so evil?

• Well, Tessa is born that way and raised lovingly as a human aka mundane while Sebastian/Jonathan was conceived as shadowhunter then while still inside the womb was infected with demon blood, was not loved by anyone when born, was raised isolated by Valentine – the most corrupted shadowhunter there was – and as a deadly warrior who never knew anything else than just power, control and hate. I hope this covers you. 🙂

14. “Lives with be lost”.

Wait, WHAT? LIVES as in more than one?! I was having a hard time as it is dealing with ONE main character dying let alone SEVERAL?!?! I swear to god if its Clace or Malec, I am SOOO burning my novels! Sizzy and Maia/Jordan I can (just barely) deal with if one of them die. Sure, I’ll be heartbroken because of how long it took for them to finally mend back together and shed a few (thousand) tears, but if its Clace or Malec, let’s face it, there’s NO healing from that! I mean, COME ON!!! They’re the MAIN FRIGGIN’ PASSION FILLED BIG TIME ROMANCES OF THE NOVELS THAT (SOME) PEOPLE ONLY READ THE BOOKS FOR! I wouldn’t be able to handle it if Clace/Malec died! Even if it was in a heroic or tragic-for-the-sake-the-other-person’s-life kind of way! I just couldn’t. :””(

15. i just have to say good bye Magnus. we all love you, but we know you are the one to die or your alec. by the angel this is the saddest thing ever.

• I agree. Magnus wouldnt want an eternal life for Alec. So what other choice does he have? Makes you wonder what Alec will do.

• Yeah, I’m pretty sure that Magnus is the one who dies. but then I’m afraid that Alec dies too maybe even Magnus watches even him die and just gives up. Very sad. Hope I’m wrong.

• I think the CP2 epilogue takes place after COHF…so I don’t think it could be Magus…I think it might be Alec…but with Cassandra, one never really knows…

16. I wonder if, in a strange twist, will Jocelyn have to kill Jonathan? Her own son? Or will Clary have to? It would be the most emotional way to off the evil bastard.

• Everyone’s expecting Jace to be the one who kills him but he did already kill him once, so I don’t think Cassie will go there again. Jocelyn kinda sounds right dare I say, since she is the one who brought him to this world and already tried once, so I won’t be surprised

17. Chocolatethunda // May 3, 2013 at 7:55 PM // Reply

Omg! I can’t wait!! I NEED the book now! Hurry hurry! 🙂

18. KikiLOVESJace // May 3, 2013 at 9:47 PM // Reply

I’m getting so excited for City of heavenly fire. And at the same time, scared. And it’s only may 2013! Hurry up, 2014!

19. Yet another thing to wait for. Cassie you have made us all learn the art of patience and waiting. But mine is wearing a little thin now. I want the COB movie – now, I want the Codex – now and I want COHF – now…….but I have to wait….more. But it is SOOOOOO worth the wait!!!!

20. I AM NEPHILIM // May 4, 2013 at 9:50 AM // Reply

woah! what does she mean by “love sacrificed”

21. OH GOD, “Lives will be lost, Love sacrificed!!!!!!” Oh my… *Passes out*
    WHAT ABOUT “Must they journey to another world to find a chance?!?!” AAAAAHHHHH!! YOU ARE GONNA KILL MEEE!!! *Explodes*

22. Must they travel to another world to find the chance?? What does THAT means? Where are they going? This is gonna be EPIC. :,D

23. sheilathethongbarbarino // May 4, 2013 at 9:30 PM // Reply

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH BY THE ANGELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

24. Israel Leon // May 24, 2013 at 4:57 PM // Reply

I hope Robert can fix things with Maryse and especially Alec and accept him for who he is.

25. Reblogged this on YA on my Mind and commented:
    The most awaited book of 2014!

26. love shadowhuters (mortal instruments more ) // October 2, 2014 at 7:47 PM // Reply

i love jace and clary there prefect for each other and why not make a coupel more books of the mortal instruments about there life and then make the dark artifacts with us knowing how there life played out

1. Sinopse do quinto livro de Os Instrumentos Mortais: Cidade do Fogo Celestial! | Lâmina Serafim
  2. Mortal Instruments Fans Prepare Yourselves – City of Heavenly Fire is Coming | Cyn's Workshop