Valentine character poster from MORTAL INSTRUMENTS: CITY OF BONES

Just Jared revealed an exclusive new character poster featuring Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Valentine Morgenstern in The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones.

Valentine gets the tagline of “Destroyer,” along with “An Instrument of Evil.” The three previously-released character posters–of Clary, Jace and Simon — all had “An Instrument of Good.”

Valentine character poster

Sony Pictures launched an Instagram marketing campaign on Thursday called the Mortal Reveal, which was similar to their Week of Mortal Love celebration, where they shared clues and photos leading up to character reveals.

For the Mortal Reveal they revealed several shots of the same photo as more of the glamour was pulled back from the photo to ultimately reveal Valentine.

What do you think of the Valentine character poster? Which character poster do you want next? Sound off in the comments!

25 Comments on Valentine character poster from MORTAL INSTRUMENTS: CITY OF BONES

1. CashmereHerondale // May 9, 2013 at 7:22 PM // Reply

BY THE ANGEL!!! AHHHHHHHHH!! IT’S SOO AWESOME, HE LOOKS SOOO HOT!!

2. honestly, i wanna see luke!!! 😀 CAN WE PLEASE GET A CHARACTER POSTER OF LUKE?!!!

3. I WANT MAGNUS NEXTT!!!!

4. Please let it be LUKE. There’s been little to nothing released. Aiden Turner is one sexy irish beast and us old ladies need something to swoon over too. ;-p

5. Lena Grace // May 9, 2013 at 7:32 PM // Reply

Okay so Valentine is hot.

6. Lena Grace // May 9, 2013 at 7:33 PM // Reply

I now request a hot character poster of Luke.

7. teamedwardjace // May 9, 2013 at 7:49 PM // Reply

oooo awesome! and valentine’s hot! and i want to see a poster for jocelyn, luke, isabelle kevin and mangus! and hodge!

8. graceeee // May 9, 2013 at 7:54 PM // Reply

HE LOOKS GREAT! 😀 so excited, i really want to see a Izzy poster.

9. He needs to look older! Ugh! He doesn’t look like Valentine, at least he is a great actor!

10. I would LOVE TO SEE ISABELLE!!!!!!!! We need more pictures of Izzy

11. Ohhhh I watched August Rush Yesterday……I love Jonathan…….but now im suppose to hate him…. Im torn

12. wait i though valentine was blonde???

13. Whatever // May 9, 2013 at 9:14 PM // Reply

Valentine looks super badass, and JRM seriously rockz the bad boy look, he will be amazing as Valentine, and will steal all the lead characters thunder just by breathing in the same scenes,…LOL…xD

14. I think it should be izzy

15. I still have to get used to him not having white hair. It is such a strong point in the stories, especially when we meet Sebastian and he uncovers his true hair color. But, JRM is a terrific actor. Actually in reality I think JRM is the age that Valentine is supposed to be.

• AWildFangirlAppears // May 10, 2013 at 1:45 AM // Reply

Haha, yeah! The big reveal, you mean Sebastian’s been dying his hair? I knew it! What colour is it really? …brown. Not like that’s a particularily common hair colour, or anything!

• When Clary first met Sebastian/Jonathan (her brother) his hair was dyed black then when he revealed himself he changed it to his natural color (white) like his father’s Valentines. At was important in the book because Sebastian and Valentine shared the same hair color. That is why a lot of fans are curious to see how this works out in the movie(s).

16. He’s a great actor & he is super hot!! But he does look too young to be Jace & Clary’s father. They should have tried to age him a little bit more to make it believable..

17. Colour me confused… is everyone in the movie going to get their eye colour digitally changed? Because based on all previously released trailers compared to posters coming out, it sure seems like it. If they are going to digitally change everyone’s eyes, then they should have done that before releasing any footage to eliminate any confusion as to any aesthetic direction they are going with in the end.

Oh well, I will enjoy it anyways.

18. . . .I’ve seen loads of Valentine posters, can these people just release a LUKE POSTER?? D:

19. It’s nice…I can’t recognize his rune..but it looks close to ‘love’…but not sure…I can’t wait for the character poster of Isabelle, Alec, Magnus, Luke and Jocelyn…

20. He looks hot.

Does anyone else think that Jaces poster makes him look more evil than Valentine?
    I’m not complaning. I think it’s good.

21. You know what? If my dad looked like that, then I would TOTALLY get the Electra Complex.

22. Kara Lightwood // July 11, 2013 at 11:43 AM // Reply

This looks nothing like Valentine Ughhhhhhhh none of the characters looked like I thought they would Valentine has white hair not brown and what about clary`s curls unchanging this annoys me so much. Plus jace isn’t sexy and dangerous he`s more creepy and mysterious. Plz no haters about my personal opinion

1. Follow Day 2 of the MORTAL REVEAL | TMI Source
  2. Magnus character poster from ‘MORTAL INSTRUMENTS: CITY OF BONES’ | TMI Source