We’re fancasting ‘CITY OF ASHES’ and we want your suggestions!

City of Ashes

Shadowhunters! Withย The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones due in theaters this Wednesday and filming on the sequel set to begin next month, that means casting news is not far off. That also means it’s time for some fancasting!

We, along with Fangirlish and Mundie Moms, are going to fancasting Raphael Santiago, Maia Roberts, Max Lightwood, Maryse Lightwood, Robert Lightwood, the Seelie Queen and more! And we want your suggestions!

Starting Thursday, August 22, we will be unveiling our Top 10 lists for each character, beginning with Raphael. So leave your suggestions in the comments or tweet us @TMI_Source, @fangirlishness and @MundieMoms.

195 Comments on We’re fancasting ‘CITY OF ASHES’ and we want your suggestions!

1. After the LA premiere, I realised how perfect Jessica Parker Kennedy was for the role of Maia Roberts! She would be perfect!

• I think she’d do great as Maia! I was also thinking Shay Mitchell for some reason; I just have a feeling she can pull it off even though she doesn’t look a lot like Maia.

• Tiffany // June 27, 2014 at 1:51 AM //

When I was reading the book, I was imagining Shay as her, (I always fan cast before I read the book so I could visualize,) and I just looked up Jessica and she’d be an awesome Maia, especially after the Secret Circle!

• Great suggestion. I’d like to add Nathalie Emmanuel from Game of Thrones. The more TMI-GoT crossover the better! What do you think?

• Shaz herondale // August 16, 2013 at 12:55 PM //

I actually cant agree more with you Natalie Emmanuel would be perfect (silently fangirls in corner) but my second choice is definitely Jessica Sula from skins or Antonia Thomas from misfits( Rob and her will cause havoc :D)

• Lena Grace // August 16, 2013 at 1:13 PM //

ooh i like the antonia thomas suggestion

• I agree – Nathalie Emmanuel.and she’s the same age as a lot of the other cast members (24). I thought of that a few months ago, how perfect she would be for Maia (voted below too).

• YES! Absolutely Perfect for Maia ๐Ÿ™‚

• my first thought was actually of Antonia Thomas. I can totally see her playing Maia well.

• cateb@sprynet.com // August 16, 2013 at 2:16 PM // Reply

She’s nice, but I think Ashley Moore is perfect for Maia.

• You’re right she would be so perfect!

• YESSSS PERFECT she’s would be an amazing Maia

• Of course (nearly forgot) Zoe Kravitz for Maia would be good too!

2. I really hope that they cast sigourney weaver as imogen the inquisitor she would be perfect for that role ๐Ÿ™‚

• They did thankfully. Weaver totally fits almost perfectly the Image of Imogen I created when reading COA she will be amazing

3. Raphael will hopefully be Tyler posey *fingers crossed*

• I am a Blackthorn (in my dreams) // August 16, 2013 at 5:29 PM // Reply

I agree, but Raphael is supposed to look twelve or thirteen. They obviously won’t actually cast a thirteen-year-old, but I would like him to be more like fifteen or sixteen; younger and younger-looking than the rest of the cast.

• I was thinking Michael Malarkey from Vampire Diaries since he looks like him and he’s already played a vampire… He is a little older but he seems so good as Raphael

4. Amanda Seyfried as the Seelie Queen

5. I’m really excited about the prospect of Lily Cole as the Seelie Queen, I think I read somewhere that she was being considered. I would also love Helen Mirren for the Inquisitor she would be perfect.

6. Julia Thomas // August 16, 2013 at 12:09 PM // Reply

Tyler Posey as Raphael!!

7. Gen O'Connel // August 16, 2013 at 12:09 PM // Reply

I think that either Ty Simpkins (Little boy from Iron Man 3) would be absolutely perfect and adorable at the same time. Let’s not forget, Max had brown hair not black like Isabelle and Alec. Though, I’m pretty sure he had blue eyes like Alec and their parents while Isabelle had the dark eyes. I might be wrong, just trying to remember for Max; brown hair is a definite though.

8. Richard Armitage for Robert Lightwood pLEASE !!

9. I would love Amanda Seyfried to play the Seelie Queen, with her hair dyed of red, of course. And the perfect Raphael is Tyler Posey ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Tyler Posey For Raphael

11. Tyler Posey as Raphael and Ty Simpkins for Max ๐Ÿ™‚

• Ty Simpkins would be perfect for Max! I don’t picture Tyler Posey as Raphael. I think Jordan Rodrigues from Dance Academy as Raphael would be awesome!

12. I’d love to be fan cast as a fresh, new face. I posted a headshot a while back on tumblr and it got 400 notes. I posted the picture saying I wanted to audition and I got a lot of support from fans of the series.

13. Gerard Butler for Robert Lightwood, and Rachel Weisz for Maryse, i have no idea for Max, and obviouly Tyler posey for Raphael ! ๐Ÿ˜€

• Gen O'Connel // August 16, 2013 at 3:37 PM // Reply

:O I agree with you simply because I love Rachel Weisz. Oh my goodness, imagine Hugh Jackman was Robert? I have been waiting for a movie with the two of them FOREVER! *fangirls in closet*

• Yes please, I LOVE Rachel Weisz she is perf

• Totally always saw him as Gerard Butler!!! and Rachel Weisz is perfect too! as for Tyler Posey I think would make a good choice but I don’t see him being able to with teen wolf. Same with Colton Haynes is a perfect match up for Jordan Kyle but again has a big part in a big show. I do hope Aidan Turner finishes the series. I love him!

• Am so with you on that I wouldn’t be able to see past scott Mccall and Jackson or should i say Roy Harper from Arrow

14. Amanda Seyfried as the Seelie Queen

15. It think, for Max, they should cast Samuel Joslin, who was in The Impossible as one of the boys:

16. The boy who plays Jami from The Host to me would be a perfect and adorable Max Lightwood

17. Agreed. Or Tilda Swinton. Have you seen Constantine? For her androgynous look and dominating screen presence, plus I kinda see a resemblance btw her and Jamie, they’re both ethereal,otherwordly beautiful. In either case I’m more than happy.

18. And that can bario my cat for Church ๐Ÿ™‚

19. Tilda Swinton for the Seelie Queen. Tyler Posey would be a great Raphael. Jessica Parker Kennedy looks good for Maia.

20. Avan Jogia is the perfect raphael!

21. Jessica Szohr for Maia ๐Ÿ™‚ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1221906/

22. I know it’s not relevant because Lilith is seen in the 2nd trilogy but I just wanna share the 2 actresses I think would be perfect for her:
    either Eva Green or Tilda Swinton (they both got eyes that can give me the creeps)

• For me Eva Green is a given for Lilith the same way Chloe Moretz is Maureen. but they’re both later on

• izzy lgtwood // August 8, 2014 at 8:06 PM //

OMG i didn’t think of maureen. Chloe Moretz totally can do her. Let me in and carrie proves it and eva green would be better for lilith because she can totally work her eyes for the role. lol but either way i can see her doing it well

23. omg i think that tyler posey would be the perfect Raphael

24. I think Jessica Parker Kennedy would be a very good Maia. And I really hope that they take under consideration Deborah Ann Woll as The Seelie Queen.
    And maybe I’d think of Rodrigo Santoro for Raphael! ๐Ÿ˜€

25. Elizabeth murray // August 16, 2013 at 1:04 PM // Reply

I’m excited for Clary to see her father again for the second time on the boat and there conversion.

26. These are my choices:

The Seelie Queen: Deborah Ann Woll she is just perfect for the part you look at ehr and say she is the queen http://www.luckydrunks.com/wallpapers/wp-content/gallery/deborah-ann-woll/DeborahAnnWoll_0009.jpg
    Maia: Jurnee Smollett Im a fan of her work and she just look so adecuate for the part http://soniceclectic.com/files/2013/01/jurnee-smollett-3053-2560×16001.jpg
    Raphael: Everyone wants Tyler Posey and i really dont like that guy i dont see him as Raphael D: when i read about Raphael i just imagine this guy Christian Antidormi i know he is not latino or something but i just see him as Raphael http://img.poptower.com/pic-106578/christian-antidormi.jpg
    as for Maryse, obert And Max i have no idea who could be

• Theses are all perfect! I don’t understand why everyone thinks Tyler Posey should be Raphael… tf? He doesn’t even look remotely Hispanic. I like Teen Wolf and everything, but no. I really like Ty Simpkins for Max and Richard Armitage for Robert. I like your choice for Maia, but I also think Nathalie Emmanuel would be perfect. I couldn’t find anyone for Maryse :/ she a;ways get so overlooked. The best I’ve found is Rachel Weisz, but she’s not that great… I’m excited to see who gets cast!

• Tyler Posey IS Hispanic though XD that’s the thing.

• IKR Tyler Poser i think everybody wants him because he is hispanic and it`s the thing about Raphael that he is Hispanic but u can easily can have someone learn some spanish and make him look pass like one :p… I dont watch Teen Wolf so i cant say if the guy is a good actor or not but i just dont see him as Raphael….

• My top pic for Maryse is Jodi Lyn Oโ€™Keefe. She really does seem like an older Jemima, like Richard Armitage is like an older Kevin.

• izzy lgtwood // August 8, 2014 at 8:11 PM // Reply

wow all three of them are from true blood except christian who no longer is a part of the cast

27. tyler posey would be so perfect for raphael after all he has been a werewolf before id like to see him be a vampire!

28. Maia – Antonia Thomas, Laya Lewis, or Alexandra Shipp
    Raphael – Matheus Fernandez
    Seelie Queen – Lily Cole

29. I think Kat Graham Would make a wonderful Maia Roberts but she does have a more older and mature look to her. but since the bumped up the age range for these characters from 16 to 18 i think she could it off. =)

30. Jodi Lyn O’Keefe for Maryse Lightwood! She was totally badass in Prison Break, imagine her as Isabelles mother..

31. Maryse Lightwood – Jaime Murray
    Robert Lightwood – Henry Cavill
    Max Lightwood – Dylan Sprayberry

32. If only Asa Butterfield could age backwards again, he’d bet the perfect Max >.<

33. For MIA I have to SAY Antonia Thomas.. from UK Skins.. she already is friends with Robert Sheen .. she can act is mix beautiful and can act .. check her out guys she my pic http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3687902/

34. Rachel Weisz as Maryse would be perfect!

35. FOR Raphael i have to say Shannon kook.. it played on degrassi.. he is cute..Asian/ Spanish mix and a great actor… check him out http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3651929/?ref_=sr_1

36. Nathalie Emmanuel for Maia. She has always been my first choice!

37. Caroline Bunting // August 16, 2013 at 1:53 PM // Reply

Maia: Seychelle Gabriel
    Maryse: Renee Zellweger
    Imogen: Madeleine Stowe

38. Jessica szohr please ,she is perfect

39. Raphael- Tyler posey!!!

40. mgarcia4464@gmail.com // August 16, 2013 at 2:20 PM // Reply

Sent from my HTC smartphone on the Now F qd Sprint!

41. Jessica Parker Kennedy would be perfect as people already said ^
    or Alyssa Diaz!

42. For Maia I think Antonia Thomas ๐Ÿ™‚

43. I’m not sure, but Chandler Canterbury, the boy who played Jamie, Melanie Fryder’s brother, in The Host could be great as Max Lightwood.

44. I think Helen McCrory, who played Narcissa Malfoy in the Harry Potter series, would be an exceptional Maryse Lightwood!

45. Antonia Thomas= Maia
    Gerard Butler= Robert Lightwood
    Rachel Weisz= Maryse
    Simone Simons= Seelie Queen
    Tyler Posey= Raphael

46. RubyLovesTMI // August 16, 2013 at 3:28 PM // Reply

I know it said starting with Raphael but here is my cast list! ๐Ÿ˜€

Avan Jogia – Raphael Santiago
    Jessica Parker Kennedy – Maia Roberts
    Sigourney Weaver – Imogen Herondale (The Inquisitor)
    Lily Cole – The Seelie Queen
    Ty Simpkins – Max Lightwood
    Richard Armitage – Robert Lightwood
    Rachel Weisz – Maryse Lightwood

47. Melissa Ann // August 16, 2013 at 3:33 PM // Reply

Maia- Kat Graham or Nathalie Emmanuel
    Jordan- (3rd movie, I know) Avan Jogia or Thomas Dekker
    Maryse- Kate Beckinsale
    Raphael- Avan Jogia or Wilmer Valderama (though I know he is really too old but still hot! Carlos Pena Jr.
    Seelie- I like the girl that there are rumors going around about but I also like Sarah Snook
    Max- Quinn Lord, Josh Feldman, or Jett Good (definite hair change)
    Robert- Eric Bana or Jamie Sives
    Sebastian- early thought, Chris Zylka

• Maia – Kat Graham would rock that character! Awesome choice
      Jordan – Thomas Dekker would be great for Jordan!
      Maryse – P-E-R-F-E-C-T-!
      Raphael – I would go for Carlos Pena Jr. but also leaning toward Avan Jogia
      Seelie – Its hard finding a good one for her :/
      Max – Hmmm that ones hard. I would go toward Quinn Lord ๐Ÿ™‚
      Robert – Both great but I would say Eric Bana for Robert ๐Ÿ™‚
      Sebastian – Great pick I could imagine him playing Sebastian! Also Alex Pettyfer since they didn’t pick him for Jace :/

Love all of your picks!!! Great job thinking of them!!

48. Avan Jogia for raphael

49. Kat graham would bee perfect for maia and i think that tilda swinton is a good choice for the seelie queen although i also love the idea of lily cole

50. Dylan Schmid as Max ๐Ÿ™‚ i think he’ll be perfect!!

51. Emmy Rossum as seelie queen!

52. Hmmm… I honestly don’t really care as long as its not lily cole. I don’t know why, but about her rubs me the wrong way. I’d like some new talent i guess.

53. charisma carpenter would make such a good maryse!! she showed such a range as cordelia chase and she could still totally kick ass!

54. Fingers Crossed!!!
    Bianca Lawson as Maia
    Charlize Theron as Camille
    Tyler Posey as Raphael
    Taylor Cole or Kate Beckinsdale as Mayrse
    Sigourney Weaver as Imogen

55. I think Alex Pettyfer would make a great Sebastian!! I know it’s jumping ahead but he wears that darkness well. Or maybe Merlion as well.

56. Me as Maia Roberts. I’m going as fast as I can to fly up to make the audition. I want this more than I’ve wanted anything in my life, and I won’t give up until I get there! Hope the powers that be are on my side >.<

57. I actually don’t know if I want Tyler Posey as Raphael… the character is supposed to be dark and he’s (kinda?) an antagonist and I’ve been watching Tyler play the good guy for 3 years now and I don’t know if I can see my baby Scott play a vampire.

• But I mean protagonists can play antagonists too. Paul Wesly did that in Vampire Diaries and is doing it again. Personally Tyler Pose would be a pretty good Raphael. and about his skin tone I kinda do agree with that.

• same. 4 years now

58. Tasman Palazzi for Max lightwood

59. All the times i have read the book, I imagine someone like Asa Butterfield. For me is the best choice.

• OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD you know that moment when you believe that you are actually physically looking at the character come to life that is what just happened he is absolutely, hands-down PERF as Max.

• YESSSSSSSSSS

60. I think Holliday Grainger would kill as the Seelie Queen.

61. Also, Bill Skarsgรฅrd as Sebastian. Hands down he would be a phenomenal Sebastian no on can convince me otherwise.

62. Melissa Ann // August 16, 2013 at 6:26 PM // Reply

I think some of these choice for the cast are people who are “too famous.” I mean, Charlize Theron, Renee Zellweger, Hugh Jackman, Gerald Butler? I honestly think they would laugh at the offer. They are LEAD actors. I know I said Kate Beckinsale for Maryse but I couldn’t think of anyone else. She is too big for that role too probably. I know Sigorney Weaver signed on but let’s face it, she isn’t as much of a lead actress anymore. Hollywood can be such a butt to older actresses.And I don’t watch Teen Wolf but Tyler Posey does not look Hispanic, even if he is. I think they will choose actors/actresses who are again, somewhat known to virtually unknown. It is a lot to ask an actor or actress to be part of a series that may have multiple movies. They also don’t want to be typecast. Just my thoughts.

• Yeah I totally agree I don’t understand why people want mainstream actors playing these roles, I mean how boring is that?

63. Julia Voth for Mayrse Lightwood! ๐Ÿ™‚ She’d be perfect!

64. EMMY ROSSUM AS THE SEELIE QUEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST!!!!!!! OMG SHE’D BE PERFECT!!!!!!

65. Hmm what about Nina Dobrev??? As the seelie queen but she’s busy with the vampire diaries and other movies

66. JESSICA PARKER KENNEDY FOR MAIA ROBERTS!!!

67. I imagined
    Bianca Lawson as Maia
    Maybe Tyler Posey for Raphael but I think more Aaron Taylor-Johnson. The lady who is rumoured to play the Seelie Queen is just how I imagined her!!!! Hopefully she got it!!!

The rest I made up, but Kate Beckinsale as Maryse has my vote!
    Asa Butterfield as Max but he might be too old now….
    I know it’s too soon, but when I pictured Jordan Tom Hardy popped into my head! I think he would be perfect! But maybe too old, again. But they are actors so…

68. I think Jodie Foster would be a good Maryse Lightwood

69. These are my ideas:
    Sebastian: Dane DeHaan
    Max: Evan Bird
    Robert Lightwood: Philip Winchester or Adam Rayner
    Meliorn: Jamie Strachan
    Maia: Rutina Wesley if she was 10 years younger
    Imogen: I like Sigourney for this
    Seelie Queen: Sarah Gadon or Lily Cole
    Maryse: I agree with others that Rachel Weisz would be great

70. Melissa Ann // August 16, 2013 at 8:08 PM // Reply

THIRD MOVIE: It’s a small part, probably too small for him but James Purefoy for Malachi Dieudonne. Uma Thurman as Madeleine Bellefleur though it is another small part. Her description says that, “Madeleine was angular, with sharp features that Clary said couldn’t make her exactly pretty.” That is how I see Uma. As for Jia Penhallow there is Michelle Yeoh or Gong Li. Jeeja Yanin for Aline Penhallow. She kicks butt in real life and would be great at the whole battle scene between the Shadowhunters and Downworlders and the demons.
    I see Meliorn looking like Legolas off of LOTR, just more of an ass. So I don’t who would play him. Maybe William Moseley. Tom Felton might be good but since Meliorn isn’t a warm and fuzzy character, he may be playing Draco all over again. Just some other thoughts…

71. Raphael Santiago: Tyler Posey. I would love to see him play a villian!
    Maia Roberts: I would have to go with Nathalie Emmanue. I think she has that Maia spunk! I also think Kat Graham would be a good choice ๐Ÿ™‚
    Imogen: Sigourney Weaver.
    Max Lightwood: I think Cameron Boyce. He is super cute, and I think he could blend with Kevin and Jemima as a sibling.
    Maryse Lightwood: Kate Beckinsale, she could definetly look badass and in charge! Also Rachel Weisz!
    Robert Lightwood: I’m not sure at all. I think it needs to be a serious and quiet looking person. I can’t really picture anyone close in my head. Maybe Joseph-Gorden Levitt if he was a little older? or Matthew Davis?
    Seelie Queen : I like Lily Cole, but I picture Amanda Seyfried. She looks closest to what I have in my head.
    Sebastian: I think Tom Felton would be awesome. We need someone who can play an arrogant baddie ๐Ÿ˜‰ I could also see Steven R. McQueen.
    Meliorn: I agree with somone earlier that said they picture Legolas from LOTR. Maybe with black hair, about shoulder length? Michael Trevino?

72. Raphael Santiago- Ezra Miller
    Maia Roberts- Jessica szhor/Amanda Bynes
    Max Lightwood- Jake T Austin
    Maryse Lightwood- Jennifer Aniston/ Natalie Portman/ Kirsten Dunst
    Robert Lightwood- Paul Walker/ Ian Somerhalder/ Kellan Lutz
    Seelie Queen- Amanda Seyfried

• I LOVE Erza Miller, but don’t you think he’s too old? Plus, I doubt he’ll be able to take part in the movie of he’s still busy with his Save the Arctic project. Also, Amanda Bynes for MAIA? You do know Maia is African America, right? Jake T Austin is also too old now.

73. I think maybe Chandler Canterbury would be a good Max Lightwoord maybe with a bit darker hair? Although he looks a bit young

74. MeowRibbetFrog // August 16, 2013 at 10:49 PM // Reply

Douglas Booth for Sebastian!

75. Melissa Ann // August 17, 2013 at 2:35 AM // Reply

So I gotta just say, I don’t care what part he plays. Maybe Malik so he can come back later as Malik’s brother, Kadir, who is said to highly resemble his brother. But Raoul Bova is too dang sexy to be left out of this movie. Besides, the movie and books need a sexy Italian. Shadowhunters are supposed to be of all nationalities so there is my Italian vote!

76. Charlene Buggs // August 17, 2013 at 4:56 AM // Reply

Does anyone know when and where there will be casting calls?

77. Helen Mirren for The Inquisitor
    Quinn Lord for Max

78. People! what about Leo Howard for Raphael? he’s actually young enough, has a latin appearance to him, and was actually in 2 great movies.

79. City of Ashes Dream Cast:
    Max Lightwood: Mason Cook or Jared Gilmore
    Robert Lightwood: david boreanaz
    Maryse Lightwood: Jennifer Connelly
    Maia Roberts: Shay Mitchell or Selena Gomez
    Seelie Queen: Julia Roberts
    I just see some of them as perfect roles, who knows who they will pick

80. I’m not super picky about who plays who in any of the movies as long as they can act, but the only three I’m set on are Holliday Grainger for the Seelie Queen (Amanda’s idea), Ty Simpkins for Max (RubyLovesTMI’s idea) and Harry Lloyd for Sebastian (I know he probably won’t be fancasted and he’s in the CoG but I can’t see anyone better.)

81. Tom Sturridge for Sebastian
    Diego Luna for Raphael (I know he’s too old, but his younger self matches the description almost perfectly)

82. Rooney Mara for Seelie Queen! Just dye her hair read and she would be perfect. Imagine it :3

83. Rooney Mara for Seelie Queen! Just dye her hair red and she would be perfect. Imagine it :3

84. Melissa Ann // August 18, 2013 at 4:25 PM // Reply

I don’t know what character he would play but Colin Salmon would be a great actor to be in the films. Plus, although I am whiter than paste, I think the characters and cast need more color. If you think about it, all of the YA novels turning into film have predominantly white characters and I think that is a shame.

• MeowRibbetFrog // August 18, 2013 at 4:50 PM // Reply

Who do you think he should play? (just randomly asking ๐Ÿ˜› )

• Melissa Ann // August 18, 2013 at 5:01 PM //

I honestly have no idea. I can’t think of anyone in the second book. Maybe someone in the third? But I can’t think of anyone in it either. Yeah, I don’t know. I just like people to feel they are included in things. I don’t want other races to go to these movies and come out saying, “That one not white person was amazing!” I guess he could be one of the many Shadowhunters and they could write extra material for him. Involve him more. Like how Alec and Izzy are now in the Hotel Durmort scene? People of all races are stronger together than apart. We should show that more on media.

85. Rooney Mara or the seelie queen! They would have to dye her hair red, obviously. I feel she wouldn’t mind considering what she did to her hair in the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

86. teamedwardjace // August 19, 2013 at 12:43 AM // Reply

already so fancasting sweet!

maia:bianca lawson? she’s 34 but has a very youthful apperance. alyssa diaz, she was the kimberly the werewolf turne d hybrid on the vampire diaries. shay mitchell may be a good maia. maybe megan tandy from teen wolf? maria waslh and also how about antonia thomas from misfits? kat graham would also be really good. page top rime also has a lot of great suggestions. zendya maybe?

seeliq queen: this is a rumor that lily cole has been cast. i think she would be a really good seelie queen as well sarah gadon(who would be a great camille, blake lively, alex johnson, liv tyler, julia roberts, maybe katy perry. debroh ann woll from true blood would be great in both roles alex beckenbridge from american horror story(the young version of the maid) could be the seelie queen as well. sandra bullock could do a really good job as the seelie queen. rooney mara would also be excellent same with natalie portman eva green who would also make a killer lilith

imogen: helen mirren, signorey weaver, susan surandon, meryl streep

maryse: elizabeth reaser, rachel wiez, kelly rutherford, jessica chastian julian moore eva green

max: chanter cantbury, any child actor that looks like or can look like alightwood and play the part! ty ismpkins?

robert: david borenaz , daniel craig

diego: tyler posey, avan joia

sebastian: evan peters alex pettyfer( if he decides he wants to be a part of it)

btw, nina dobrev would be a good seelie queen as well!

87. Amanda Seyfried as Seelie Queen would be perfect !

• Melissa Ann // August 19, 2013 at 2:57 AM // Reply

I think Amanda Seyfried should be Kaelie because I don’t like Kaelie or Amanda Seyfred. Besides, Kaelie is a faerie ho and Amanda’s current movie is about being a porn star so she would be perfect.

88. Lightwoodshadowhunterss // August 19, 2013 at 1:55 PM // Reply

Tyler Posey for Raphael!

89. My suggestoins are:
    Gerard Butler as Robert Lightwood
    Rachel Weisz or Kate Beckinsale as Maryse Lightwood
    Samuel Joslin as Max Lightwood
    Shay Mitchell as Maia Roberts
    Tyler Posey as Raphael Santiago
    Sigouney Weaver as Imogen Herondale
    Lily Cole as Queen Seelie

I would totally love them โค

90. MeowRibbetFrog // August 20, 2013 at 5:13 AM // Reply

Actually, I think Douglas Booth would better as Jordan and Ben Barnes should be Sebastian (getting a little ahead of myself ๐Ÿ™‚ )

91. Rachel Blakely for Maryse (please she has been my Maryse since I first read the book)

Will Snow for Robert

Tyler Posse for Raphael

Jessica Parker Kennedy for Maia

Natalie Dormer for the Seelie queen
    Atticus Scaffer for Max

92. Michelle Pfeiffer – Maryse Lightwood
    Troye Sivan – Max Lightwood
    Jurnee Smollett – Maia

93. I’d like to add another name for casting. He would have to be some Shadowhunter from Spain or something. But seriously, Shadowhunters are from all over the world and this guy is just awesome. Oscar Jaenada.

94. I want to see Cameron Boyce as Max Lightwood. And I also agree with whoever said Amanda Seyfried for Seelie Queen

95. millinuimlint // November 16, 2013 at 4:17 PM // Reply

Here`s what I`ve got so far
    Atticus Shaffer as Max Lightwood (he is adorable, a great actor and would make such a cute max!)
    Shalim Ortiz as Raphael Santiago(he is very handsome and would be great for this role)
    Laura Graham as Maryse Lightwood( she looks a lot like Maryse and has a lot of acting experience)
    Paige Hurd as Maia Roberts( beautiful talented actress)
    and
    Emma Stone as the Seelie Queen(she could play her well)

96. Jake T. Austin as Raphael Santiago โค

97. I think Demi Moore would be a good Maryse Lightwood

98. Rachel Weisz as Maryse Lightwood

99. What about Madeline. she comes in at the end but she still has a role to play

100. Maryse needs to have blue eyes!!!!!!!!b