Almost Is Never Enough

The official music video of Ariana Grande and Nathan Skyes’ “Almost Is Never Enough” – one track of The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones soundtrack – is now available on VEVO.

Watch the video, which features footage from The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones below!

How do you like the music video and have you bought the soundtrack yet?

About Cathrin (504 Articles)
Writer for TMI Source and 'The Shadowhunter Chronicles' lover extraordinaire. Fangirls over books, history, German football, movies and fictional characters.

30 Comments on WATCH: official music video for “Almost Is Never Enough” by Ariana Grande and Nathan Sykes

1. WE SEE THE KISSSS

2. Reblogged this on ghanieltherese and commented:

3. OMG IT’S AMAZING……I LOVE THE SONG AND THE FOOTAGE IS SO SWEET!!!!! *faints*

4. BEAUTIFUL

5. It was perfect! This is my new favorite song, and the new clips of Jace and Clary made me squeal! Oh my gosh! What was the snow all about? Oh, I don’t care. I loved the clip with the motorcycle, Jace’s face! Ahhh! 2 days!!!!

6. Kinda disappointed? I mean, I love the new footage, but I thought the video itself would be a lot more TMI related. Guess my hopes have just unnaturally gone up after Taylor Swift’s Safe and Sound had so much THG symbolism. You could really see she cared about the book.

7. I can’t even…

8. That was a very nice video.

9. But why is there snow in the institute what is it ash or something what is it?!

10. One of Jace's Biggest Fans // August 19, 2013 at 11:11 AM // Reply

I’M SHAKING. OMG OMG OMG I’M DIEING. WHEN I SAW THE SCENE WITH THE KISS I SCREAMED OMG ASDFGHJKLPOIUTREWXCVBM OMG OMG OMG I’M NOT EVEN WRITTING THE CORRECT WORDS SO I PRESSED BACKSPACE SO MANY TIMES. I’M SHAKING OH GOD I’M DIEING REALLY NOW. I DIED

11. Oh, I love Nathan Sykes. I’m so glad he did this song for TMI. I’m not familiar with the girl, but her voice is beautiful. The lyrics totally match the footage we saw. Ugh…I’m definitely buying this soundtrack!

12. Oh! The clip where Simon walks out of Clary’s room and sees them kissing and Jace says that line as to how they would never have all fitted! Such a funny (Jace) but sad (Simon) scene! Love it! The song is amazing too!!!!

13. The song is a perfect fit for simon ans clary`s siation! i dont liek ariana grande or teh otehr guy siging but the song is amazing

14. Her voice reminds me of a young Mariah Carey and he is perfect with her! Love the movie footage too – Jamie`s expression is great. The words to this song are so appropriate as well.

15. KikiLOVESJace // August 19, 2013 at 4:28 PM // Reply

THEY’D KISSED! They’d kissed! They really really really kissed! 😀

16. It’s so awesome! Beautiful song and video!

17. JaceIsMine! // August 19, 2013 at 6:46 PM // Reply

this brought me to tears!!!!! Breathtaking;”'( Clace<3

18. teamedwardjace // August 19, 2013 at 8:05 PM // Reply

i loved the n footoage from tmi espicallying the kiss and the very sweet romantic parts(which amkes sense as this is a romantic song) and they kept up thr yreme and jamie/jace playing paino my heart fell to the floor and the snow scene(wich could be after clary reckless throws herself through a portal) and jamie/jace holding her and picking her off the ground and the way jace looks at clary during the greenhouse scene. okay i could have typed that more coherntly lolo

19. teamedwardjace // August 19, 2013 at 8:06 PM // Reply

and i’m becoming a bigger and bigger fan of arians after this. for the soundtrack i’l wait to get my paycheck to buy it or waill till i can dl music which include this song and i also dl arainas songs. i’m an alternative and metal gal but i enjoy a variety of music

20. teamedwardjace // August 19, 2013 at 8:07 PM // Reply

and simon when he walks out of the room it’s funny what jace says but also heartwrenching for simon and ajce because we know jace is in fact actually really hurt and he loves clary but lashes out

21. teamedwardjace // August 19, 2013 at 8:18 PM // Reply

this songs suits clace really well espically after they kiss and then simon walks in and then they fight as they still love each other and clarys doesn’t wants to lsoe them. also the motorcycle scene, very badass but also sweet and the whole cast iss perfect and i could see some tmi themed stuff. e.g. arian drawing what looked like or very simliar to runes. that is very clary and nahtan playing piano alongside the footoage of jace/jamie palying piano. also the cute coulessnes reminds how jace and lary are in their moments of bliss once they found out they weren’t related and parts in a way simulteanously reminded me the simon and clary relationship. parts of the song simulatenously fits simon and clary in a way

22. jamie is jace. the part where he’s playing the piano, you can tell how hurt j and angry jace as he loves clary but is mad at simon and kind of her. jamie protrayed that amazingly and is an amazing actor! my music taste is all the map these days lol

23. Rachel Schmidt // August 19, 2013 at 10:22 PM // Reply

To all those people who said the song dosen’t fit the movie… ha.ha.

24. This is awesome..

25. Good web site you have got here.. It’s difficult to find excellent writing like yors these
    days. I truly apprecate people like you! Take care!!

1. Assista ao clipe de “Almost Is Never Enough”, da trilha sonora de Cidade dos Ossos | Lâmina Serafim
  2. Clipe da música “Almost Is Never Enough” de Ariana Grande e Nathan Skyes com cenas de “Cidade dos Ossos” | Lâmina Serafim