Cassandra Clare teases peek at ‘City of Heavenly Fire’ cover

Cassandra Clare teased a peek at the cover for City of Heavenly Fire, the final book in The Mortal Instruments set for a late May 2014 release. And what a tease it was!

20130904-104926.jpg

The cover reveal for City of Heavenly Fire is expected this winter. The cover will feature Clary and one other character.

Who do you think is on the cover with Clary? Leave your guesses in the comments!

About Alyssa (2775 Articles)
Owner of TMI Source. Journalist and teacher by day, fangirl by night. Alyssa is too obsessed with sports, television, books, superheroes, and Shadowhunters for her own good.

97 Comments on Cassandra Clare teases peek at ‘City of Heavenly Fire’ cover

1. I’m pretty sure it’ll be Sebastian.

2. I think it’s gonna be Clary and Jonathan (Sebastian)!

3. My guess is Clary and Jonathan aka Sebastion

4. I think Sebastian/Johnathan.

5. It’s got to be Sebby right?

6. KikiLOVESJace // September 4, 2013 at 11:11 AM // Reply

Proably Johnathon….or….maybe Izzy….Alec? I hoping it’s one of those people.

7. It’ll most likely be Sebastian/Johnathan, though a little voice in the back of my head is saying Tessa/Jem……………

• I know what u mean!!!! It will probably be Sebastian but there’s a possibility it could be tessa/jem!!!!!!!

• I think its Clarissa a.k.a ( Clary) and Tessa Gray

• Amalia Morgenstern // January 11, 2014 at 8:22 PM //

But, just to remember, as much as we LOVE TID characters, it is not their story. I do hope to see them on the extra cover though! Curious to see if they found matching models!!

8. most likely Sebastian(Jonathan) or Jace

9. Clary and Sebastian, most likely

10. It’s Jonathan/Sebastian. She’s already been with Jace.
    Man, this is tease! It’s driving me crazy!

11. sebastian and clary!!

12. Sebastian/Jonathon. Definitely.

13. And OH it’s written on white so that means the rest of the cover will be gray or white or a colour so bright that it will look like white. I mean City of Ashes was light blue and it had a light blue blob, City of Glass was yellow,orange and it had a yellow blob, CoFA was orange and it had an orange blob, COLS was dark blue and it had a blue blob.
    City of Heavenly Fire was a white blob… with a white cover?
    Probably!!

14. Clary and Tessa ๐Ÿ˜›

15. I think its gonna be Clary and Raziel!!

16. im putting all my money for Clary and Jonathan! >:3

17. I think it will be clary with Jace it appears to have a white wing behind the blob that says book six but then again I’m hoping Jim and Tessa will make an appearance in this book. ๐Ÿ˜€

18. Most likely tessa won’t be in heavenly fire ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

• I Think she Will since Jem is going to be in it. (I live for CoHF spoilers. xD )

• I don’t think so, because at the end of CP2, Tessa was unaware of the things that happened (in CoHF). So if she was a part of the story, she would know what happened.

Remember, you are meant to be able to read TID after CoHF without having any spoilers.
        Maybe they’ll reference Tessa or she’ll make a very small (nameless) appearance like in CoA, but I’m sure she won’t be named, because that would spoil CP2. It’s confirmed Zachariah will appear, but I’m sure nobody will call him Jem because that would also spoil CP2.

19. SEBASTIAN!!!!

20. is Sebastian it’s the las book he is the evil they have to defeat of course id him

21. hmmm well tbh i thinks its abit to obv to be either jace or Sebastian for two reasons:
    1st- shes been on the cover with both of them at least once
    and
    2nd- Jace is the love of her life and second Seb is the ultimate bad guy and not to mention her brother
    So i think its going to be someone that’s maybe new in the book or someone whos never been on the cover but going to be very important or specific in the book:S …….but i have no idea who hahaa!!
    CANT WAIT! i have an official countdown on my phone for this date:D

22. It’s going to be with Sebastian aka “Jonathan”

23. I see what looks like a wing, so I’m guessing Raziel, but it could be Sebastian. Though I would love one of the Lightwoods to be on the cover! Jace, Clary, Simon, and Sebastian have been, Magnus gets his cover for bane Chronicles, it’s only fair if Alec or Izzy get one~

24. Gen O'Connel // September 4, 2013 at 1:10 PM // Reply

This tells us SOO much

25. Im guessing she’ll be in some awkward (SORRY for my bad english…) embrace with Jonathan (a.k.a Sebastian)… Or at least thats what my (un)creative brain tells me…

26. Reblogged this on hanielsariel14678gl and commented:
    Damn people! All of you keep on saying it’s Sebastian(Jonathan) and Clary in the cover! :p :v ^_^ There is a possibility! A big one! The weird thing is,I think Sebastian is…um…in love with Clary??? I mean,he was perfectly insane to say the ‘Song of Solomon’ thing in CoLS right? I mean,he was like “You asked me who do I belong to,I belong to you” and stuff and about like “When you first saw me,you recognized me,just as I did”… Damn…is it weird for me to think that I kinda ship ClarySebastian? It’s like he’s so lonely…but still…he killed our beloved Max… But… in the unidentified snippets for CoHF there’s this part where I think Clary was controlled like Jace by Sebastian… O.o
    All we can do for now is freaking wait 8 months for the book to come out and 3 months for the cover. ๐Ÿ˜€

• You. Kinda. Ship. Clary. And. Sebastian.
      I HAVE NO WORDS.
      -.-

• Well you can’t say it’s messed up cuz they’re brother and sister, because when jace and clary thought that they were related, they didn’t care and neither did we.

• Yes, but when we kinda thought Jace and Clary were brother and sister, we kinda had a feeling it would turn out they didn’t. Or at least I did XD we know for sure Clary and Sebastian are brother and sister….and Sebastian is an evil little f***.

• Amalia Morgenstern // January 11, 2014 at 8:26 PM //

pooh yes! Me too, in CoG it was such a cool refreshment from Clace. I love Seb!

27. the reason i think tessa won’t be in heavenly fire (at keast until the epilogue or something) is because at the end of clockwork princess (which is set after CoHF) jem says to tessa ‘i’ll tell you a tale of other lightwoods, herondales and fairchilds’ but if tessa was there (like in CoHF) she would have known that tale and wouldn’t need jem to tell her…. But i’m really looking forward to seing jem!!!! and maybe i’m wrong and tessa wont be in it but i hope im wrong cause i love tessa!!!

• No I think she will appear cus, and i don’t know why but I always thought that she’d tell jace about will and everything!!!!!!

• Keri Kiene // September 8, 2013 at 1:21 PM //

I hope Tessa does come back and talk to Jace, she and Jem are the only people that can tell him everything about the Herondale’s and since they all come from her and Will it would help Jace i think.

28. *will be in it

29. seriously, the anticpation is killing me. the cover(which will obivously feature clary) could also pair up with sebastian or jace . perhaps they’ll do repeats.

30. Simon and Izzy! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Um.. no.
      Clary and another character will be on the cover. There’s no way Simon and Izzy will be on the cover. You can say Izzy and Clary or Clary and Simon which is already made (CoFA).

• U know Cassandra Clare could just be messing with us ( very unlikely but still possible) and they could all be on the cover!!!!! Huh I,d love that sooooo much

31. maybe its sebastian but in the form if he hadnt taken any demon blood, so with green eyes etc

32. Anna Herondale // September 4, 2013 at 3:54 PM // Reply

OMG I didn’t even consider Tessa or Jem. But it is certainly a possibility! How COOL is that! But I do think it will be Sebastian. I think it would be a really cool ending to the series, sister/brother & good/evil angel/devil kind of contrast. Plus I think they may come to some sort of understanding on some level in this book…It will certainly be soo interesting!

Also as a side note, I can’t wait to see who will eventually be cast as Sebastian.

• Nope no nope no!!!!! No way they’ve been through way to much to come to an understanding!!!! I’m sorry but I’d hate it if they came to an understanding!!!!! I need death Sebastian has to die!!!!! And I wouldn’t mind if clary felt a little bad after his death as long as he’s actually dead!!!!

33. 99% positive its going to be Clary and Jonathan ๐Ÿ™‚ well I hope it is I love jonathan/sebastion! Every book needs a good evil character, he has a way of making u hate him and love him too, a way of making the fans still hold hope that he will do the right thing ๐Ÿ™‚

• I personally HATE Sebastian. I so want him dead. I don’t even like him. How could I love him?
      I hope Cassie kills him.

• You’re meant to hate the bad guy, but they’re just another character in the story. Why can’t they share the love?

34. I think the other person is going to be Sebastian!

35. yeah its most definitely sebastian…

36. Clary Jhonathan ( Sabashton ) and jace

37. It probably will be Sebastion though I can’t help but hope it will be Isabelle.

38. Lydia Herondale // September 4, 2013 at 6:22 PM // Reply

Probably Seb, but I want to be Magnus.. just so we get some sparkle action.

39. As a reflex my first initial reaction was Jace, but that’s what I say for everything. After some thinking like 5 seconds worth, since jace was on CoLS Sebastian is probably gonna be on CoHF.

40. Sebastian

41. Clary and an Angel. Raziel maybe?

42. Oh God, I’m going to die until 2014 waiting for this book, but I think it’s going to be Sebastian in the cover, like good vs. evil in the final battle.

43. sheilathethongbarbarino // September 4, 2013 at 8:10 PM // Reply

I hope it’s Iz, but I’m pretty sure it’s going to be Seb.

44. Clary and Jocelyn. I just feel like Jocelyn is being built up to fight since CoFA. You see glimpses of her shadowhunter self in CoLS and I think in CoHF she’s going to be back to full on warrior, maybe not as a shadowhunter anymore but as a mundane fighter.

• I didn’t think of that!!!! And it could be too!!! That would be really good if it were!!! And yeh defiantly back to shadow hunter warrior!!!! You know mother and daughter fighting side by side!!!! They probably won’t be like that in the book!!!! But it’s a nice image!!!

45. i think is going to be Jonathan aka Sebastian.

46. How do you know it will have Clary on it. Is that what Cassandra said?

47. Savannah Penton // September 4, 2013 at 10:30 PM // Reply

I’m not sure who but I think it should be clary and Sebastian( Jonathan morgenstein)

48. Savannah Penton // September 4, 2013 at 10:32 PM // Reply

I’m not sure who but I think it should be clary and her real brother Jonathan/sebastian

49. Rowena Drake // September 5, 2013 at 2:00 AM // Reply

Clary and Johnny (Jonathan)

50. SEBASTIAN

51. Lily Collins // September 5, 2013 at 3:10 PM // Reply

Sebastian;)

52. Mrs.Carstairs // September 5, 2013 at 9:07 PM // Reply

I dont think it’ll be Sebastian/Jonathan because he was already on City of Glass right? Maybe…..wow I really need to rad all of those books again. That dosent have anything to do with it but still. I think these books stress me out, but in a good way. Like this part of my back hurts when my science teacher gives me a test and then i’ll stress and my friends notices it and yeah. But this is a good stress it makes that one spot on my back dissapper for a little while and i just sit and think about Cassandra Clare and all the goodness she gives me. Thank you Cassie! You’re awesome and…..wow I got really off topic…….sorry about that.

53. Betting it’s Sebby…

54. I would really love Clary and Jace together, but I’m guessing it will probably be Clary and Sebastian.

55. Whoever it may be, I hope this book — or she creates a book — crossing-over TID & TMI.. :))

56. It shouldn’t have Clary in it…!!! It should be Jace with his white angel wings and Sebastian with his black bloody angel wings, back to back with each other…! That should be it, and it would be BADASS!!!

57. Clary and Sebastian! I’m excited, and even though the covers are beautiful, I just can’t wait to read the even more beautiful words inside!

58. Does anyone think and this isn’t for the cover but does anyone think the real Sebastian will be in the book!!! Cus remember in COLS they never said Sebastian was actually dead, they just said probably. And he probably is but it’s a option!!!! God there’s so many options and possibilities for this book!!!! God the waits killing me so I started to read the series again!!!! on the third book city of glass!!!

59. steampunkgirl // September 8, 2013 at 10:54 AM // Reply

I think it will be Sebastian.

60. Cassandra Clare said that the cover will be Simon’s sacrifice, so I think it might be Isabelle. But it still would make sense if it was Sebastian.

61. I think the obvius guess is Clary and Sebastian but knowing Cassie it won’t be that easy. Maybe Clary and Jocelyn? I don’t know. feel like the last book needs to really show the bond between them. We haven’t seen much of it yet… Or maybe Clary and Simon?

62. Should be Jace Herondale a.k.a Jace Lightwood :-):-)โ™ฅโ™ฅโ™ฅโ™ฅโ™ฅ

63. probably Jace or Sebatian with wings

64. I dout it wil be I I WANT MAGNUS ON THE FRONT!!!!!!

65. Clary and Sebastian.

66. Sebastian or Isabelle

67. Just show us the goddamn cover already…