‘City of Heavenly Fire’ postcard: Jace and Brother Zachariah

Cassandra Jean is working on some City of Heavenly Fire postcards, which feature drawings from scenes from the book. She shared a rather emotional one featuring Jace and Brother Zachariah.

tumblr_mwtul1eQbA1qck31zo1_500

Working on the Postcards for City of Heavenly Fire for cassandraclare

I drew this scene and thought “Technically this is still Heronstairs” and then I made myself sad.

Because that is sad.

City of Heavenly Fire will be available on May 27, 2014.

What do you think of the postcard? How are your Heronstairs feels doing?

About Alyssa (2775 Articles)
Owner of TMI Source. Journalist and teacher by day, fangirl by night. Alyssa is too obsessed with sports, television, books, superheroes, and Shadowhunters for her own good.

25 Comments on ‘City of Heavenly Fire’ postcard: Jace and Brother Zachariah

1. can’t wait to read this scene

2. teamedwardjace // November 25, 2013 at 5:38 PM // Reply

amazingly drawn and you can feel the emotion. this may be a really sad but also tender (maybe even hope inspiring and comforting) scene. i’m wondering if its has reason due to alec maybe dying?

3. God, my feels…. Two of my beloved characters interracting… me ————-> dropped dead.

4. My Heronstairs feels are too much to handle!!!

5. Lightwoodshadowhunterss // November 25, 2013 at 6:31 PM // Reply

What’s up with the bandage on Jace’s arm?
    My feels are going to be dead by the time this book comes out!

6. I like how Jem looks so done with Jace and his antics. CAn’t wait for CoHF (but I also can. I don’t want it to end!)

7. Mrsheronstairs // November 25, 2013 at 9:59 PM // Reply

I love jem though..i want izzy to help jem wid his hair XD….n jace surperb!!!!….cant wait……

8. The feels are too much,what arm is the parabati rune on because of jaces bandage losing alec would be unthinkable.

9. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

10. Jem you are so so precious

11. Rowena Drake // November 26, 2013 at 7:55 AM // Reply

This must be the very first normal Jem fully drawn.

12. KikiLOVESJace // November 26, 2013 at 8:26 AM // Reply

I feel like crying when I see this. I wonder how jace got that bandage on his arm for? Also really excited on seeing more postcards from the book being made.

13. OMG JEM AND JACE AND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

14. JEM! jace! hey, whatever happens, ITS ONLY CLACE. NO JEM AND JACE OKAY?! U DONT Want that . id prefer jem and tessa and clary and jace. just truing . btw i love jem , look at that ! he looks way better that way!!!:) I MUST HAVE THAT BOOK RIGHT NOW

15. Bex Fairchild // November 26, 2013 at 10:10 AM // Reply

I am NOT crying! In away I can see Will in Jace and this shows that Jem is trying to see it. By the Angel… Cassandra Jean why do you do this? Your art and Cassandra Clare’s writing like is ruining me…. And now I must wait for A) More snippets or B) Art or C) CoHF

16. Oh God, the feels *whimpers, huddles in a corner*

17. JHerondale134 // November 26, 2013 at 9:19 PM // Reply

BTA them feels!!!!
    I just can’t…

18. Claire Herondale // November 27, 2013 at 5:24 AM // Reply

So many feels! I love Jace and Jem too! I get sad whenever I think about Jem now, because I miss Will 😦

19. i need to know what happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    like right now:)

20. JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ❤

21. He looks so sassy , jem i mean !!!! But now he looks normal , i really want to see how he treats the TMI kids with his non silent brotherness . Humble , calm or cold ???????????

22. I cant believe jem finds a cure when will is dead (crying) then jem dies and she does not marry him

23. I could read the mortal instruments forever and the infernal devices