Cassandra Clare shares Thanksgiving ‘City of Heavenly Fire’ snippet

COHF placeholderCassandra Clare is certainly in the giving mood this Thanksgiving. She shared a snippet from City of Heavenly Fire, which will be released on May 27, 2014, in honor of the holiday. And it seems like a certain Silent Brother has run off with Church…

“Did Brother Zachariah just steal our cat?”

Catch up on all the latest City of Heavenly Fire snippets

About Alyssa (2775 Articles)
Owner of TMI Source. Journalist and teacher by day, fangirl by night. Alyssa is too obsessed with sports, television, books, superheroes, and Shadowhunters for her own good.

30 Comments on Cassandra Clare shares Thanksgiving ‘City of Heavenly Fire’ snippet

1. teamedwardjace // November 27, 2013 at 11:49 PM // Reply

Jen has a thing for cats lol

2. Jem would like his cat back

3. Yes Church was his in another century. He rescued him and they have always had a special bond. I never quite figured out how Church made his way to NY. Guess he made his way through a portal.

4. ROFL, I love it. And somehow I don’t think Church minds it at all and might actually be happy for once to be with his original owner , lol

5. OMG I laughed soooo hard. Awesome. Jem is reclaiming his cat! I so can’t wait for this book which combines my favorite characters from TID and TMI. Amazing!

6. YES! And it’s not just your cat, it’s his cat, too.

7. Aww, that’s so cute:)

8. hahahahahahhahahahahaaahahahahahaaa

9. I love it 🙂

10. Anna Herondale // November 28, 2013 at 2:57 AM // Reply

THAT HAS BEEN MY FAVORITE QUOTE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Jem ❤

11. Anna Herondale // November 28, 2013 at 2:59 AM // Reply

I always wondered how Church is still alive! I wonder if now that Jem has broke his bond somehow with the Silent Brothers and is mortal again, if Church will become mortal as well. I hope not, long live Church!

12. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I knew it was the same church from TID

13. widyaningrum // November 28, 2013 at 4:15 AM // Reply

Hahahahahaa.. oh yesss.. magnus brought church to NY.. i bet church witness so many memories for Jem :-):-):-):-) 😀

14. widyaningrum // November 28, 2013 at 4:17 AM // Reply

Church is immortal becoz of the incantation from mrs dark… he was about to be sacrificed..

15. KikiLOVESJace // November 28, 2013 at 8:28 AM // Reply

XD I’d would like to know where Jem is taking church to.

16. I love it! Jem saved Chuch in the Infernal Devices because Mrs.Black was about to sacrifice him. And I think it was at the end or near the end in Clockwork Princess it talks about Magnus bringing him to NY. or it could’ve been in the Bane Chronicles. Either way, I’m so excited!!! Just like yessss.

17. Just Perfect!!

18. LMAO! Jem has come back to get church!

19. Lightwoodshadowhunterss // November 28, 2013 at 6:34 PM // Reply

OH YA! Jem and Church! Reunited! *jumps happily in a circle*

20. Depthsofthemind // November 29, 2013 at 12:00 AM // Reply

Am I the only one who is curios as to how Church went from being Magnus’s pet to being the Lightwoods. though I defiantly agree that out of all church’s humans Jem gets the biggest claim: he saved him, named him, and they had a sweet human/pet relationship in TID. Isabelle we will get you another cat you can stuff with fish when Alec and Jace are too mean to eat your cooking.
    though seriously does anyone know how Church went from being Magnus’s pet to being the Lightwoods?

21. Could someone please explain to me how Church is an immortal cat?

22. This beautiful snippet is beautiful

23. This is just perfect!!

24. I love it so much!!!!

1 Trackback / Pingback

1. Cassandra Clare shares Thanksgiving ‘City of Heavenly Fire’ snippet | YA Book Nook