A Happy Thanksgiving to all of our lovely readers from everyone at TMI Source! We’re spending the day with our families, but we’ve each compiled a list of things that we’re thankful for in the Shadowhunter fandom!
It goes without saying that everyone at TMI Source is thankful for Cassandra Clare — her generous, caring, hysterical self. Without who’s books this site wouldn’t be here. We love her and thank her for her continued support. And, as Megan said, “There is no one else that can give as much emotional pain and we still beg for more.”
Now on with our personal lists:
Alyssa is thankful for…
- The Shadowhunter World — it’s so vast and there are so many stories to be told (5 series, actually)
- The Herondale men and the heartbreak they cause (on her and surely millions of others)
- Will Herondale’s dragon tattoo…and its special location
- Tissues, because she uses them a lot while reading Cassie’s books
- The friendship between Will Herondale and Jem Carstairs. She’s read none better
- Clary Fray and Tessa Gray — two kickass heroines who have grown from beginning to end
- Tessa and Will’s shared love of books — it’s something we all relate to
- Tumblr — where fangirls thrive
- Magnus Bane’s magnificence
- The Herondale men’s fear of ducks, which she finds hysterical especially since she’s now developed the fear
- Isabelle Lightwood and her badass, caring and stylish self
- Magnus and Alec and their beautiful love story (Alyssa refuses to acknowledge that certain scene in the City of Lost Souls epilogue)
- The cats of the Shadowhunter Chronicles world — Chairman Meow and Church
- More Shadowhunter Chronicles books — 10 more and three new series, to be precise. BRING IT.
- Simon & Schuster for all the fabulous marketing and everything they do to help TMI Source
- Constantin Film, Sony Pictures and the cast and crew of The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones for bring Cassie’s beautiful world to life
- Megan and Cat — they have been so amazing for this site and are such great friends
Cat is thankful for…
- Will Herondale and his love for books
- The vast world Cassie has created
- The amazing TMI/TID fans (the graphic/gif makers, the artists, the fanfiction writers and more) and their endless enthusiasm and their ability to despair in .1 seconds flat
- All the friends I’ve made because of Cassie’s books
- The inside jokes (South Carolina, ducks, mangos!)
- The laughter, the feels, the tears and the heartbreak while reading The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices
- Constantin Film, Harald, the actors and many more for bringing the first book to the big screen
- The beautiful love scenes that Cassie has written
- The ships although Sizzy is not canon (yet?)
- The Shadowhunter’s Codex because it makes me understand Shadowhunters better
- Even more Shadowhunter books!
- Cassie’s hilarious Q & As with her author friends and her presence on the Internet
- The Bane Chronicles and its authors because Magnus’s head is a very interesting and illuminating place to be
- Great quotes like “we live and breathe words”
- All the (unidentified) snippets Cassie has shared with us
- I am thankful to be part of TMI Source and for Alyssa and Megan
Megan is thankful for…
- Apple for letting the downloads come early.
- Theories, to help me get from book to book.
- Tumblr, really how can any fangirl live without it?
- The fact that the book we love was finally made into a movie
- The Cast of City of Bones
- Will Herondale… Will Herondale Will Will Will
- The Infernal Devices Series
- Snippets unexpected pain.
- The Mortal Instruments
- Cassie’s imagination
- Magnus Bane / The Bane Chronicles.
- The Dark Artifices – What I will look forward to when I finish City of Heavenly Fire
- Audiobooks- When I am bored with music I can listen to them for HOURS
- The escape that Cassie’s Books give me!
- Alyssa and Cat – Really wonderful friends that can make me laugh with a skype or a text. I love these girls! (No seriously Alyssa and I think we are the funniest things ever!)
We are also thankful for our loyal readers who visit TMI Source for all their Shadowhunter news. We love and appreciate you so much. Thank you for your kind words and continued support!
What are you thankful for in this fandom? Share your thanks in the comments!