New ‘CITY OF HEAVENLY FIRE’ art by Cassandra Jean

Cassandra Jean has illustrated ten postcards for City of Heavenly Fire and today Cassandra has shared the second artwork on her tumblr:

I was feeling bad about being unforthcoming with spoilers, so have some Clace feels from Cassandra Jean’s postcard set for City of Heavenly Fire! (Yes, these are all scenes that happen.)

WOW! This looks very much like a Dirty Sexy Cave or Water Scene, doesn’t it?

I can’t wait to see the other eight postcards!

About Cathrin (497 Articles)
Writer for TMI Source and 'The Shadowhunter Chronicles' lover extraordinaire. Fangirls over books, history, German football, movies and fictional characters.

29 Comments on New ‘CITY OF HEAVENLY FIRE’ art by Cassandra Jean

1. jimmy neutron // April 4, 2014 at 8:37 PM // Reply

Reblogged this on [insert title here] and commented:
    ooooo ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

2. Danielle Erving // April 4, 2014 at 8:59 PM // Reply

Omigod! Hella excited.

3. Ugh it HAD to be Clace. Like, I’m thankful for the spoiler and that she thinks of us, but couldn’t we have Sizzy or Malec or something about Emma and Julian? Or Sebastian? No offense, but I’m starting to get sick of them. They have more page time than anyone in the books.

• ClaceForever // April 4, 2014 at 9:30 PM // Reply

Obviously because they are the main characters…

• teamedwardjace // April 4, 2014 at 9:32 PM //

Exactly they are the main characters 🙂 Simon is too while clace is the main couple, Simon and Isabelle are still a major one and major characters as well as malec. also, i’m sure more art featuring other characters is coming. we have over a month to go after all(the wait is killing me)

• teamedwardjace // April 4, 2014 at 9:33 PM // Reply

did you not see the art yesterday featuring sebastian and clary?

• That’s kinda because they’re the main characters. I mean, I get what you’re saying, I would like to see more of the other couples, (especially Malec), but honestly, they get more page time because that’s what main characters do.

• Emma and Julian are 12 in the book…..

4. By the angel, I love this! This looks like it’s going to be a very steamy scene! perhaps, the water allows Jace’s fire to cool down?

5. KikiLOVESJace // April 4, 2014 at 10:00 PM // Reply

I’m screaming! I hope we all get my city of heavenly fire postcards of other couples…such as Izzy and maybe Malec? Please oh please.

6. Esther Chevalier // April 4, 2014 at 10:10 PM // Reply

When I saw this it took me ten minutes to collect myself. AND I REGRET NOTHING! So lovely! The feels! One of my top OTP’s! Love them so much!

7. HOT DAMN.

p.s. I had to swear, so I’m sorry. Well, not really.

8. BY THE ANGEL!!!!!!!!

9. Lol promised myself no more reading spoilers, but as soon as I saw the word Clace, I was done for. This book is going to tear my heart to shreds and I need it now…

10. this is going to be full of this cute moments between the couples cant wait!

11. claceforever // April 5, 2014 at 5:12 AM // Reply

I need this book in my hands NOW!!!!!!

12. OMFG!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! Xoxo

13. AHHHHHHH , I need that book right now , these teasers and fan art are really making me more impatient , May I need you to come faster

14. Ugh thatis soooooooooooo amazing! I need the book! If only it were may already

15. TMI INSANITY // April 5, 2014 at 12:14 PM // Reply

BY THE ANGEL i need this book asap May feels an eternity awat

16. This is insanely reminding me of the kissing scene between Tidus and Yuna from Final Fantasy X, but I digress.

Anyway, this probably just made my day. The artwork is simply beautiful, and the world needs more Clace and TMI in it. I’m a little annoyed that I somewhat just spoiled a scene for myself, but since I was having a crummy day and we’ve been waiting for this scene between out OTP for FOREVER… well, I guess I can let it go. LOL.

Though I still don’t know how to feel Bout CoHF. I’m half-excited for that book and half-terrified for it. And I still don’t know if I want to read it all in one day (to know how it all ends, and to not get spoiled anymore), or to savor this last book. Decisions, decisions.

Here’s hoping we can all enjoy CoHF in our own way, though, and be able to say a nice goodbye to this beautiful series that we all love so much (though if they try to redeem Sebastian in any way, I’m going to be slightly disappointed, and I just… I really hope this last book doesn’t ruin everything, and that I don’t end up thinking it wasn’t even worth it).

And at least we’ll have the movies and other series to look forward to after, I guess, but it’s still not the same. LOL. I’m going to miss TMI dearly, but at least I also still have my fellow fans, fan works, and the characters showing up in TDA to keep me entertained.

…And it certainly does look like they’ve found a way to control Jace’s fire here. LOL. Points for creativity if it all ends up being holy water or something. LOL. I wonder just where this takes place, though…

Anywho, I, for one, am really pleased with this piece. It’s probably cliché to say, but Clace is my favorite couple in the series. I do like Luke and Jocelyn and Jordan and Maia, but we don’t see enough of them for me to really buy into them.

Malec… I’m probably going to get killed for saying this, but I’m not crazy about that pairing. I never really saw it, and in my eyes Alec has never deserved Magnus (especially after what he did in CoLS), but that’s probably because he wasn’t emotionally ready for a relationship yet. I’m sure after his undoubted character development in CoHF, though, that I might finally be okay with the pairing.

And Sizzy… They’re my second favorite pairing, but I never really saw them as truly working out, or serious, until CoLS. Until then, Clace was the only pairing that didn’t feel a little bit forced to me. I do sort of wish that Clary and Cassandra Clare were less of Jace fangirls at times, though.

Yeah… I don’t know where I’m going with this anymore. Shutting up now.

17. OMG …. I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!

18. Reblogged this on indigoblue69 and commented:
    I’m very excited to see this postcard and anxious to see the rest of the set! Clary and Jace look so beautiful together in the water~Love~Love~Love

19. I like Clace but I honestly think Sizzy and Malec have more depth couple-wise. I got bored with Clace in like, the middle of CoLS to be honest. Plus picturing Robbie as Simon and Jemima as Izzy when reading gives me SO many feelings because their chemistry is insane.

20. Izzy lewis // April 8, 2014 at 7:38 PM // Reply

Hahah very smart actually, it was the only way not to catch on heavenly fire while making out 😉