We sure are having a busy week in our Shadowhunter fandom! Cassandra Clare just took to her tumblr to share summaries for all of the 10 Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy ebooks and also answered two questions regarding ‘TSA’:
Cat was kind enough to give me the heads up that pages to buy the first seven novellas of Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, along with summaries, have been posted on Amazon. So here I give you the masterlist, 1-10, with short summaries.
Simon Lewis never thought he’d become a Shadowhunter…and now he has the chance. Ten novellas, each released as an individual e-book over the course of ten months, make up Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy. The series will launch with one story a month beginning in February 2015 with:
Story 1: Welcome to Shadowhunter Academy.
After living as a Mundane and a Vampire, Simon never thought he would become a Shadowhunter, but today he begins his training at Shadowhunter Academy.
2) The Lost Herondale: Simon learns the worst crime a Shadowhunter can commit: desertion of their comrades. In the early nineteenth century, Tobias Herondale abandoned his fellow Shadowhunters in the heat of battle and left them to die. His life was forfeit, but Tobias never returned, and the Clave claimed his wife’s life in exchange for Tobias’s. Simon and his fellow students are shocked to learn of this brutality, especially when it is revealed the woman was pregnant. But what if the child survived…could there be a lost Herondale line out in the world today?
Simon learns the truth behind the Jack the Ripper murders—“Jack” was stopped by Will Herondale, his former parabatai, and his institute of Victorian Shadowhunters.
4) Nothing But Shadows: Simon challenges the setup of the Shadowhunter Academy and in doing so learns the story of James Herondale and Matthew Fairchild and the unusual way that they became friends and parabatai.
5) The Evil We Love : The story of Valentine’s Circle at the Shadowhunter Academy.
6) Pale Kings and Princes : Simon has an encounter with Downworlders and is reprimanded for not following the rules for Academy students interacting with Downworlders. A story within a story: Andrew Blackthorn, while a student at the Academy, becomes enthralled by a faerie and has two children with her: Mark and Helen.
7) Bitter of Tongue : When faeries kidnap Simon he encounters a member of the Wild Hunt, the former Shadowhunter Mark Blackthorn.
8) The Fiery Trial : Emma Carstairs and Julian Blackthorn become parabatai. Simon and Clary both act as their witnesses, so they can see what a parabatai bond forming looks like as they want to become parabatai as soon as Simon graduates — and because Emma asked Clary. The ritual goes unexpectedly …
9) Born to Endless Night: Simon, like the rest of the Academy, is stunned when a navy-skinned warlock baby is found on the Academy steps. They hand the child over to guest lecturer Magnus Bane, who has to bring a child home… temporarily, of course… to his man!
10) Angels Twice Descending: Someone lives and someone dies at Simon’s Ascension ceremony.
Cassie, by the Angel! How is Tobias Herondale related to Edmund who was born in the 1830s? Will we find out in The Last Herondale or do we have to wait until The Wicked Powers? Please picture Loki’s “Tell me” gif here. I am so, so excited for more Simon and more Herondales! Just because Tobias was worse than Stephen doesn’t mean that future (maybe same generation as Jace) Herondales are! — catreadsbooks
Well, Tobias could have been maligned! Who can say? Herondales, they’re either awesome or awesomely terrible. All I can tell you is that you will find out who the Lost Herondale is before The Wicked Powers.
cottoncandybeefalo said: Hi Cassie! Do you know if The Tales of the Shadowhunter Academy will be out in print edition like The Bane Chronicles?
Yes, it will.
😉 We’re super excited about Shadowhunter Academy and we hope you are too!
I think it’s safe to say that we’re also super excited and cannot wait for Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy!
Which installmemt are you looking forward to most? Sound off in the comments while I’m off to fangirl that Cassie mentioned yours truly in her post 😀