‘Shadowhunters’: First Look at the Silent Brothers

The official Shadowhunters site is rolling out exclusives daily and today’s is one that’s a real eye-opener — for those of us with eyes, unlike these guys below.

Check out our first look at the Silent Brothers in Shadowhunters!

9c0bd20c-d704-4a86-b910-4e8f7d7f8764

c27ca93f-e7e7-465c-acac-33367d3a3db1

Be sure to keep checking back to ShadowhuntersTV.com for more content from the show.

What do you think of this version of the Silent Brothers?

About Alyssa (2777 Articles)
Owner of TMI Source. Journalist and teacher by day, fangirl by night. Alyssa is too obsessed with sports, television, books, superheroes, and Shadowhunters for her own good.

23 Comments on ‘Shadowhunters’: First Look at the Silent Brothers

1. Caroline Carstairs // July 7, 2015 at 12:05 PM // Reply

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGMGOMGOMGOMOMGOMGOM OH MY GOD!!! ARE WE GOING TO GET TO MEET ZACHARIAH EARLIER!!!

2. Just as creepy as I imagined in the books. O.o

3. Delightfully creepy!!

4. I really like the new silent brothers they are very similar to the ones from the film and I liked that version however these silent brothers actually have the runes on their faces which was a paticularly fundamental element that was missing from the films.

5. Lottie Kyle;) // July 7, 2015 at 12:32 PM // Reply

I LOVE IT BUT I ALSO DONT WANT MY JEM TO LOOK LIKE THIS

6. cacaseqpereira // July 7, 2015 at 12:42 PM // Reply

LOVE THEM!!!

7. Elsa Caputi // July 7, 2015 at 1:06 PM // Reply

Yes!just as in the movie and the description in the books.

8. Jasmine DuBois // July 7, 2015 at 2:18 PM // Reply

Wow. That is creepy.

9. The older they get the creepier they look- Just read the Codex. They would vary in disfigurement and Brother Z would probably have the least.
    he Codex also had something interesting I’ve always wondered about Silent Brothers- their eyes and lips are sealed with the Stele, a zigzag rune that then turns into stitches and so probably not as painful and gruesome as some gory needle method. Some older ones have their eyes actually removed, then they have empty sockets like I think Brother Jeremiah has. Their robes also become more decorated with bloodred runes the older they get.

10. WarlovckBane // July 7, 2015 at 5:27 PM // Reply

❤ So awesome! Nice work guys!

11. +Spoiler Alert+
    Yes, Jem is a Silent brother, but it also said in Clockwork Princess that he was the most human looking Silent brother, so I assume and hope that he doesn’t look too modified. I’m so exited, to see the show!!! I love it already

12. I like that, compared to the movie, these silent brothers have their eyes sewn shut. And that you can see their runes now

13. If this t.v. series is successful do you think they’re going to make a TID t.v. series too?

14. LOOKS SO GREAT AND FREAKY!:D

15. Jem

16. Could you imagine if they had Brother Zachariah in the background of some of the shots had gave no explanation why he was different 😍😍

17. ClaceHerondale // July 12, 2015 at 9:46 AM // Reply

…just so beautifully creepy

18. Dying to see this scene! Can’t wait!