‘Lord of Shadows’ survival guide
Hi, how’s everyone doing? Good or more like “By the Angel, I can’t”?
Cassandra Clare’s Lord of Shadows was published one week ago – time does fly – and I’m sure that a lot of you have read it by now. So today I’m bringing you a Lord of Shadows survival guide. The next few things helped me when I first finished the book and I did feel better. Not by much, but hey, baby steps, right?
- Grab a tissue (or a whole box or a towel) if you’re not already holding one. Have a good and long cry. Let it all out!
- Eat some comfort food (chocolate, cookies, whatever).
- Draw a mourning rune (remember that they are red) and wear white.
- Write Cassie Clare a tweet or a tumblr message or talk to her at BookCon! Please keep in mind to be nice even if you didn’t agree with everything in the book! It’s okay to disagree but do it in a respectful manner.
- Take a shower or run a bubble bath and maybe cry some more. You will feel better afterwards, trust me.
- Hug someone you love.
- Talk about the book with your friends. Fangirl or fanboy, go wild but please make sure that you are not spoiling the book for other fans!
- Reread Lord of Shadows n- times while waiting for Queen of Air and Darkness (2019) and don’t forget that we are going to get Chain of Gold next year! Heck, reread all of Cassie’s books to bridge the time!
Do you have any other advice? If so, please let us know in the comments!
Comments with spoilers will be deleted.
I’m shattered. I can’t… I just can’t. Save me please. That ending, I just, I need TUOAaD
If only I read that survival guide when I was reading CoHF when Sebastian died so sad😭😭😭😭
Yeah that ending was too brutal.
i finished reading los last week (the same week it was released). im still half in shock as im typing. the ending was just too brutal and unnecessary. the first day after i finished reading it i was in denial. the next day i was able to control myself a little after a nice long restful night of sleep. eventually i accepted it.ok its ok. even though we have to wait 2whole yrs for qoad. i can live through this. im in a better place now compared to the day i finished los. now its been a week and not a single day has gone by that i didnt check the blogs. especially this blog. i can accept the deaths in this series so far. i can live through them just barely.
**I had to delete the rest because of a spoiler. Cathrin **
I have committed to not finishing the book at night because I know I won’t sleep for way too long and kiddos don’t care if mom stayed up too late the night before reading a good book! Ooo this one is gonna hurt! We’ll see if it beats out clockwork princess for me! When I thought Jem died I cried and cried. It was still a really bittersweet ending. I plan to reread the later 3 of TMI before book of White comes out!
Just finished reading los and the ending was like a punch to the chest. The one thing I’m worried about is the premonition that a character had about their impending death coming true. I will be devastated if that happens in any of the upcoming books.
OH MY GOD!!!!
Ouch Cassie, the ending. I wished I would have listened to to guide. OMG, you do not know how many spelling errors I am making on this comment right now. I can barely see I’m crying so hard! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?! I love you.