Hi, how’s everyone doing? Good or more like “By the Angel, I can’t”?
Cassandra Clare’s Lord of Shadows was published one week ago – time does fly – and I’m sure that a lot of you have read it by now. So today I’m bringing you a Lord of Shadows survival guide. The next few things helped me when I first finished the book and I did feel better. Not by much, but hey, baby steps, right?
- Grab a tissue (or a whole box or a towel) if you’re not already holding one. Have a good and long cry. Let it all out!
- Eat some comfort food (chocolate, cookies, whatever).
- Draw a mourning rune (remember that they are red) and wear white.
- Write Cassie Clare a tweet or a tumblr message or talk to her at BookCon! Please keep in mind to be nice even if you didn’t agree with everything in the book! It’s okay to disagree but do it in a respectful manner.
- Take a shower or run a bubble bath and maybe cry some more. You will feel better afterwards, trust me.
- Hug someone you love.
- Talk about the book with your friends. Fangirl or fanboy, go wild but please make sure that you are not spoiling the book for other fans!
- Reread Lord of Shadows n- times while waiting for Queen of Air and Darkness (2019) and don’t forget that we are going to get Chain of Gold next year! Heck, reread all of Cassie’s books to bridge the time!
Do you have any other advice? If so, please let us know in the comments!
Comments with spoilers will be deleted.