Cassandra Clare shares new information about ‘Queen of Air and Darkness’
In addition to sharing the Queen of Air and Darkness chapter titles yesterday, Cassandra Clare also did a rather extensive Q&A for the last book in her The Dark Artifices trilogy. I had a look at her tumblr and collected the most important pieces of information. I’m pretty sure some will cause quite an uproar.
- The book is 893 pages long (including the ‘sequel’ to A Long Conversation).
- Cassie suffered a lot when she was writing Queen of Air and Darkness. On a scale from 1 to 10: “10. I thought I might die. 🙂“
- A Shadowhunter will kill another Shadowhunter.
- We will find out what the Dark Artifices are. Cassie said “they aren’t precisely objects.”
- The effects of the parabatai curse will cause a physical change in Emma and Julian.
- It will be a “big deal” that the Mortal Sword is broken.
- “The warlock sickness does become more serious.”
- It is possible that Kit and Ash are related.
- Cameron Ashdown will surprise everyone in QoAaD.
- Information about the Blackthorns:
– Helen will meet Kieran.
– “Mark and Helen definitely have some thoughtful and serious time together.”
– The Blackthorns, especially Dru, will have a good relationship with Aline. No hard feelings because of the frittata incident. 😉
- The epilogue is set about two weeks after the last chapter.
- The epilogue is from the Seelie Queen’s point of view!
That’s it for now! Make sure to follow TMI Source on Twitter (@TMI_Source) or subscribe to our website because we will be publishing a “Everything we know about Queen of Air and Darkness” post before the book’s release on December 4 and you definitely don’t want to miss this!
I feel like there will be a lot of ‘shadowhunters killing other shadowhunters’
The biggest surprise for me is the epilogue POV. What?!? The Seelie Queen? I almost don’t believe it. She’s….terrible?
I’m wondering what this physical change will be between Emma and Julian??
I’m not scared at all for this book
The epilogue on Queen of Air and Darkness leaves me feeling that there has to be another continuation of this book. Please tell me you wouldn’t leave us hanging! Love your Shadowhunter novels. I’m 63 now, my granddaughter turn me on to your books & I own all of them, first time I ever read books, thank you so much!!!
Hi Billie! Don’t worry, there’s going to be a sequel trilogy to The Dark Artifices. It’s called The Wicked Powers and it’ll be set about 3 years after TDA. https://tmisource.com/2017/06/05/bookcon-cassandra-clare-announces-protagonists-for-the-wicked-powers/
I need to know is the epilogue a lead on to the wicked powers series or not?????