Good morning, afternoon or evening! The release date of Cassandra Clare and Wesley Chu’s The Lost Book of the White is right around the corner so I’ve gathered all the information we know about the book below.
If you haven’t already, pre-order the book if you are able to – US hardcover ISBN: 9781481495127 and UK hardcover ISBN: 9781471162091 – and don’t forget about Cassie’s virtual launch party on publication day hosted by An Unlikely Story!
So here is what we know about the second book in the Eldest Curses trilogy (please bear in mind that some information could have changed):
- “The limited first edition run will include the short story In Dreams Begin, set during Jem and Tessa’s wedding. (Finally we find out why no one remembers it!). It will also include a reversible cover, with the other side matching the original cover design for Red Scrolls of Magic.”
- The audio book is once again narrated by BD Wong.
- The book is set after Born to Endless Night. “Alec and Magnus are negotiating the experience of being new fathers and dealing with the consequences of events in Red Scrolls, which have reared their heads again.”
- “A danger posed to Max opens the book.”
- Everything is from Alec and Magnus’s POVs but there are also some Clace and Sizzy moments.
- Catarina and the demon Elyaas appear.
- Tessa won’t be in Shanghai and there’s a reason for that.
- Maia stays in NYC to run the Alliance.
- Clary and Jace are not heads of the NYC Institute yet, but the position has been offered to Jace and he’s thinking about it.
- The characters (Magnus, Alec, Clary, Jace, Isabelle and Simon) travel to Shanghai and “encounter the Ke family, the Shadowhunter family Jem is descended from.”
- “We will see Jem thinking about his childhood in […] The Lost Book of the White, in which he is in Shanghai again and sees the descendants of his mother’s family, which brings back the memories of his early youth.”
- Simon “is trying to cope with grief over George’s death.”
- We “get to see their [the gang’s] new dynamics with Simon as a Shadowhunter, and Clary’s parabatai.”
- “We see Alec have some lone hero demon-fighting moments too, impressing some Downworlders rather a lot. In fact after TRSOM, Alec is pretty famous in the Downworld, which helped setting up the Downworlder and Shadowhunter Alliance.”
- “Alec meets Ragnor for the first time in Lost Book.”
- “We didn’t yet get the story of how Ragnor Fell returned, when Magnus and the others found out he wasn’t really dead, etc. All that will come in TEC, especially LBOTW.“
- The book is also set in Hell.
The Lost Book of the White is published in two days! Are you excited for more Malec?
Catch up on all the snippets and other things that were shared here and look out for our spoiler-free review on September 1. 😀