It’s no secret to the “Mortal Instruments” fandom that Isabelle Lightwood is a badass.
Now Izzy is getting recognized for her sass and butt-kicking abilities (we knew it wouldn’t be for her skills in the kitchen).
Hollywood Crush compiled a list of seven ‘Badass Supernatural Heroines of YA’ and our very own badass Shadowhunter Isabelle Lightwood made the cut.
Here’s what Amy Wilkinson had to say about Izzy:
Clary Fray may be the protagonist of Cassandra Clare’s engrossing “Mortal Instruments” series, but the former mundane is just discovering the depths of her Shadowhunter powers. One-time rival Isabelle Lightwood, on the other hand, is already a demon-hunting grande dame at all of 16 years old. With her snappy sartorial sense and ever-present whip, Izzy boasts style, substance and serious slaying abilities.
Here are some memorable quotes from Isabelle:
- “What’s the point in wasting a perfectly good brick wall when you have someone to throw against it, that’s what I always say.” (City of Fallen Angels)
- “Honestly, Clary, if you don’t start utilizing a bit of your natural feminine superiority, I just don’t know what I’ll do with you.” (City of Ashes)
- “Don’t bother her, don’t try to talk to her, don’t even look at her, or I’ll fold you in half so many times you’ll look like a tiny little origami werewolf.” (City of Fallen Angels)
- “I feel a sense of responsibility,” said Jordan. “And where is this feeling located? In your pants, perhaps?” (City of Fallen Angels)
- Isabelle chewed thoughtfully on her straw. “That new lead singer they have is hot. Is he single? I’d like to ride him around town like a bad, bad pony-” (City of Fallen Angels)
- Clothes were scattered across the floor in piles, a duffel bag open on the floor as if it had exploded. Isabelle’s bright silver-gold whip hung from one bedpost, a lacy white bra from another. Simon averted his eyes. The curtains were drawn, the lamps extinguished. Isabelle flopped down on the edge of the bed and looked at him with bitter amusement. “A blushing vampire. Who would have guessed.” (City of Glass)
- “You can take your Law,” she said in a measured tone, “and shove it right up your-” (City of Ashes-deleted scene)