The full jacket copy for CLOCKWORK PRINCESS

Clockwork Princess

The release date of Cassandra Clare's final installment of THE INFERNAL DEVICES is getting closer and closer and after yesterday's snippet, Cassie has shared the full jacket copy for CLOCKWORK PRINCESS on her tumblr. You can read it below but be aware of SPOILERS!

Tessa Gray should be happy — aren’t all brides happy? Yet as she prepares for her wedding to Jem Carstairs, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute. A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to the Magister, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. He needs only one last item to complete his plan of destruction.

He needs Tessa.

Tessa knows Axel Mortmain, the Magister, is coming for her, but not where or when he will strike. Charlotte Branwell, the head of the London Institute, is desperate to find Mortmain first. And the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa’s heart, Jem and Will, will do anything to save her. For though Tessa and Jem are now engaged, and Will knows he should force himself to find someone else to care for, he is as much in love with her as ever.

In the last words of a dying Shadowhunter reside the clue that might lead Tessa and her friends to Mortmain. But the Shadowhunters of the London Institute cannot stand alone, and in their homeland of Idris, the ruling body of the Clave doubt their claims that Mortmain is coming. Deserted by those who should be their allies and with their enemies closing in, the Shadowhunters find themselves trapped when Mortmain seizes the medicine which is all that is keeping Jem alive. With his best friend at death’s door it is up to Will to risk everything to save the woman they both love.

To buy Will time, the warlock Magnus Bane joins with Henry Branwell to create a device that could help them to defeat the Magister. As those who love Tessa work to save her, and the future of the Shadowhunters that resides with her, Tessa realizes that the only person who can save her is herself —for in the discovery of her own true nature, Tessa begins to learn that she is more powerful than she ever dreamed possible. But can a single girl, even one who can command the power of angels, face down an entire army?

Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment, and the tangled threads of love and loss intertwine as the Shadowhunters are pushed to the very brink of destruction in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy.

WHOA! I think I need a few moments to let everything sink in.

What do you think? Sound off in the comments!

About Cathrin (688 Articles)
Writer for TMI Source and 'The Shadowhunter Chronicles' lover extraordinaire. Fangirls over books, history, German football, movies and fictional characters.

32 Comments on The full jacket copy for CLOCKWORK PRINCESS

1. I actually teared up. I cannot with this book, omG

2. I absolutely cannot wait to read this book!!!
    March 19th, why can’t you come already?!

3. nevertrustaduck // January 15, 2013 at 2:48 PM // Reply

Crying.

4. I need to take time off of work to just lock myself in the house and read.

5. I’m so freaking excited!

6. I am both very afraid and excited for this book. I feel like crying!

7. OH MY GOD!!! This book is going to be seriously epic! I actually don’t think I have ever been this excited about a book or series ever. But is anyone else worried? I quote “Will will risk everything to save the woman they both love”, everything…… that better not be as final as it sounds.

8. All I can say is phew!!!!!

9. All I can say is that I made some very inhumane, fangirling noises while reading this.

10. Katherine Carstairs Herondale Lewis Lightwood Bane // January 15, 2013 at 4:44 PM // Reply

My emotions are so mixed that I am simply and totally in shock. I am like an empty shell right about now. PLEASE HURRY UP!

11. Ria Jace Herondale // January 15, 2013 at 4:55 PM // Reply

I have no words to describe this except, “wow.” Just plain and simple, “wow.”
    Like, god please just give me the book now, put an end to my misery.
    I have let these books REALLY get to me, and I keep telling myself, “I can’t let them get to me any more then they already have,” or “I just have to give up on them.”
    Ya, that not gonna happen any time soon, I mean the trilogy is ending in March for crying out loud, why not just endure them for, like, 2 months? you’re never gonna get the chance to go through this experience again.
    You’re probably thinking, “WHAT THE HELL IS SHE SAYING!? I WANT THIS SUFFERING TO END, I WANT TO FIND OUT WHO TESSA ENDS UP WITH AND WHO SHE IS etc” And you’re right, it is a very anxious time and you just want to punch something/someone or cry in a corner, but it’s also a good time, it gets you ready, (not really this series [emotionally] because this series is just emotionally traumatizing) it excites you and you are just a bundle of energy and you want it so very bad, that’s what SELLS the book, the long wait and the AMAZAYN story (well, DUH [ya, I’m a DIRECTIONER])
    I know I’m giving you guys mixed emotions here but that is how I feel right now, please just deal with it, cause I know there are MANY others out there who feel the same as me.
    Hell, I know so many in my school who feel the same way as I do.

12. ShadowhunterJaz // January 15, 2013 at 5:24 PM // Reply

This. Is. Insane. And AWESOME!! I have a bittersweet feeling reading this. Only 2 Months away. I wish I can have the book, like, right NOW. But in the same time the knowledge that this IS THE END of the series is traumatizing. Will I be satisfied with the ending? Will I cry? Will i jump up and down in fangirl joy? Curse Cassie for being so cruel? ( Even thou I’m so thankful for her brilliant, creative and impressive plot lines) UGH!! IDK what to feel!

13. Well now…..a girl who has the power to command angels???? That is very interesting, to say the least. I would think only an archangel would have that kind of power over other angels.

14. TeamEdwardJace // January 15, 2013 at 6:06 PM // Reply

i am so excited! it sounds amazing! I am really desperate for cp now! why is march so damn slow lol?and based on the description, we may now have a bit more of a clue to what to Tessa is which we’ll fully learn in cp among other things like who she ends up with and what will happen to will, jem and the others and what will happen between gideon and sophie btw it’s the same TeamEdwardJace you know

15. TeamEdwardJace // January 15, 2013 at 6:06 PM // Reply

gravatar’s just being stubborn lol

16. I have the book on order and I also have a friend who is waiting for me to read it first and then give it to her to read. We are both going to be crazy. Me for reading it and not being able to tell her what is happening and her for having to wait. Thank goodness I have all you guys so I can share my feelings with you but not tell her anything. She does not go on this page so that is good.

17. SHE HAS TO END UP WITH WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If she doesn’t I am going start crying on top of my lungs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. …………… O_O WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!? b-but WILL!!!! 😥

NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!! >:O

19. Angels? ANGELS? Whoa! Didn’t see that coming!!!

20. “commands the power of angels”? “cure for jem”? “OMG!!! So much too take in!!!!!!! I can’t wait!!!

21. I just got up and jumped around when I read this :D. Omg Its so cool but so sad at the same time! Id want it to be over:<

22. It’s gonna be AWESOEME!!!!!!!

23. *stares with mouth open* OMG!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!! SERIOUSLY!!

24. if Tessa can command the power of angels, could this mean she may be Jem’s saviour.. and…. could this have something to do with a Herondale meeting an angel, hence the birthmark… God I want this book NOW!!

• That was exactly what I was thinking! I always wondered where the origin of the birthmark came from, have we found our answer?

25. Omg I’m going to so die reading the book

26. I can’t believe I missed this the first time: “As those who love Tessa work to save her, and the future of the Shadowhunters that resides with her……..” What is that??? The future of the shadowhunters that resides with her…..is that talking about the angel connection thingy….or….(drumroll please)………could this possibly be a baby? Holy Moly

27. Goosebumps. So many goosebumps. I CANNOT WAIT.

28. why is cassandra clare such a genius??? i means i got freaking goosebumps from reading that blurb!! i honestly cant wait for the book! Why is she such a genius???

29. oh c’mon i will die here before march 19th !!!!! It’s been a while since books get me so exited I wait for “Princess” like love-sick teenager for a rockstar idol LOL