Sony Pictures has released five new, high quality stills from The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, which hits theaters on Aug. 21.

The new stills feature Clary (Lily Collins), Jace (Jamie Campbell Bower), Simon (Robert Sheehan) and Isabelle (Jemima West).

Click the images for super HQ!

TMI1

TMI2

TMI3

TMI4

TMI5

Source

Shadowhunters: What do you think of the new stills? Which is your favorite?

About Alyssa (2795 Articles)
Owner of TMI Source. Journalist and teacher by day, fangirl by night. Alyssa is too obsessed with sports, television, books, superheroes, and Shadowhunters for her own good.

57 Comments on Sony Pictures releases new HQ stills from ‘THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS: CITY OF BONES’

1. High Warlock of St. Louis // June 13, 2013 at 7:04 PM // Reply

I really like the one with Clary and Isabelle. Not sure why… I just really do!

2. FUCKKKKKKK 🙂

3. There okay don’t really have favorite

4. Omg! The greenhouse!!!! I’m fangirling so hard right now! These stills are all amazing!

5. Lily and Jamie have amazing chemistry wow

And isabelles hair is awesome

6. Lena Grace // June 13, 2013 at 7:14 PM // Reply

AH ALKDFJ;ALDKJF;LAKS I CAN’T EVEN POST ABOUT THIS ON TUMBLR BC POST LIMIT! TOO MUCH GLORY TO NOT POST ABOUT

7. Lena Grace // June 13, 2013 at 7:15 PM // Reply

I like the pandemonium one

8. I think I’m in LoVE… this is great<3<3

9. I’m am totally fangirling right now omg omg I love it all!!!!!
    I wonder what Simon and Clary are looking at hmmm???!!!!! I bet I know

10. My favorite is…all of them!!!!!!!

11. Love them all but especially the motorcycle shot. Very sexy!

12. the first one with Jace makes him look like a stalker. i love it though

13. They’re all cause for extreme fangirling, but I really love the last 3. Gotta love Clace, but I also love the Izzy/Clary moment. My guess is when they’re getting ready for Magnus’ party. <33

14. Shaz herondale // June 13, 2013 at 8:13 PM // Reply

asdfghjkl omg loving claary nd izzy that is straight from the book!!!!! 😀 XD

15. There fabulous!!! I love the one with Izzy and Clary!

16. askdfjfudjbgpsidhufb ahhhh! omg the kiss! And getting ready for magnus’s party!!! FANGIRL MOMENT!

17. TeamEdwardJace // June 13, 2013 at 8:16 PM // Reply

by the angel, il ove all of these! okay one of my faves is the greenhouse scene, when they’re about to kiss. maybe jace is holding clary, but we just can’t see it! and i love the motor cycle ine! and the moment between isabelel and izzzy and i loe their dresses! i love how intensley jace is staring through the window and simon at the club! god i love all of these! i love the girls hairs too and jamily has amazing chemistry and it shows!

18. somehow the clary/izzy one is one of my favourite stills so far… that is exactly how i pictured them getting ready for magnus’ party. So happy right now

19. They are all great, but I really love the last 2. I’m a huge Jamie fan 🙂 🙂 ❤ ❤

20. I can’t wait for this anymore, I JUST CAN’T!!!!!!!!!!

21. God Sony, what are you doing. Greenhouse one made me cry/scream, so that’s probably my favorite. And the Jace one scares me a lot. Clizzy 🙂 MOTORCYCLE. All in all I think Sony is trying to kill me with feels. D. O. N. E.

22. I can’t wait to see more of Jocelyn and Luke. I hope Sony wises up and gives us some previews before the movie.

23. CashmereHerondale // June 13, 2013 at 10:14 PM // Reply

OH MY GOOOOOOOD!!! I’M FANGIRLING SO HARD RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

24. Israel Leon // June 13, 2013 at 10:17 PM // Reply

So excited to see Isabelle and Clary talk about Alec’s sexuality while getting ready for Magnus’s party

25. Love all these pictures. I don’t have a favorite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

26. CAN’T BREATHE

27. if they release a still of just magnus and alec i will literally die from a heart attack.

28. Thanks Sony!!! Just made the waiting that little bit harder!!! But really I love them all but especially Jamie’s face in the almost kissing scene !! Love Jamie .!!!

29. OMFG, i was fast asleep, now im fangirling like a mad man.
    EEEEEEK

30. just fangirled in my bed-amazing quality though thanks heaps!

31. My favourite is the one with Isabelle and Clary.

32. Jaces mistress // June 14, 2013 at 3:47 AM // Reply

I do not like Jamie. Too unJacey for me.

• Those who count (director, producers, author) found him very Jacey, instead. He is our Jace now and we love him. Could you please stop complaining, since you can’t change facts? Just give him a chance, forgetting your preconceptions, please.
      I’ll tell you this, but keep it secret 😉 As an adult, I was so snob toward YA fiction, especially fantasy books, but then a friend of mine insisted I read Cassandra Clare’s TMI series. I was so stubborn I didn’t want to do it but I bought the books for my teen nephew. Then HE started: “They are lovely, aunt. Why don’t you give them a try?”
      Well, here I am, among the most enthusiastic “fan moms”.
      Leave always space to a change of mind. You can discover great things, people, emotions.

• It’s not necessarily complaining to state that Jamie isn’t everyone’s Jace. I don’t really like the choice either, but it’s just stating an opinion. Everyone is entitled to that. Not everyone automatically loves him just because he’s been cast in that role. Actually, none of the actors fit what I pictured the characters as, but still, most of us are going to give the movie a chance.

I am also an adult fan of the series and I’m used to book to movie adaptations disappointing me, either in how they convert them to movies or because the actors just aren’t what I saw (physically or acting wise). Yet, I still give both the movies and actors a chance. That doesn’t mean I’m not going to say that I don’t like something.

And to answer the original question: My favorite still is the Izzy and Clary one.

• Maria, you are 100% right. Bravo. It is one thing to say Jamie isn’t everyone’s Jace. Okay. There is no such thing as everyone’s Jace, so no one could be. It is another thing to say “I don’t like him. He is unJacey.” That is complaining, and it is also positing that there is some kind of Objective Jace that everyone agrees on. There isn’t. People don’t love Jamie “because he was cast”, they love him because from everything we’ve seen, he’s smart, dedicated and great in the part, and it’s not an easy part to play.

The only person who loses out when you don’t give things a chance, is you.

• Well thank you, Maria Grazia. I couldn’t agree more with everything you said. Spread the word! 🙂

• And thank you too Ardghal Barra. Also in total agreement about Jace and everything else.

33. Love them all 🙂 I really can’t choose. But…ok… if I must… pictures 4 and 5. Easy to guess why, isn’t it?

34. Reblogged this on JustAnotherYABlog and commented:
    The Mortal Instrument’s Movie is seriously, worth a wait.It is going to be one of the biggest blockbusters of the decade!

35. I AM NEPHILIM // June 14, 2013 at 7:09 AM // Reply

ASDFGHJKL OH MI GOSH ITS SOOO COOOOLLLLIIIIIOOOOO

36. I love the one with clary & isabelle! They both look so pretty and the set in the back looks dark and mysterious like i pictured the Institute to be!! Im SO excited for this movie, I cant wait anymore!! 😱

37. Greenhouse 🙂

38. I CAN’T BREATHE RIGHT NOW.

39. Anna Herondale // June 14, 2013 at 5:23 PM // Reply

All the pics are perfect! But wow, the Isabelle and Clary one is awesome! They look so pretty, and that was one of my fav. scenes from the book because it is the start of their friendship. yay!!

40. I also love the one with Clary and Isabelle! Clary’s expression is priceless!

41. Ze Lover of Jace // June 14, 2013 at 8:17 PM // Reply

ANBJG VHBIUZGLKDGZKKNIKGDGFSILGDVF BMNB DSTD BHB BSRTJX

42. KikiLOVESJace // June 14, 2013 at 9:03 PM // Reply

The one where Jace and CLary kiss as sent me to a complete fangirling! 😀 *SQUEE!* I will lose it when they kiss, in a good way. ALso, I love the dress CLary is wearing in the Isabella and CLary still. IT’s the part where there getting ready for the party.

43. JaceYourMine!! // June 16, 2013 at 4:38 PM // Reply

sadkufewgctlq3ikrnFLNEKDCWKI omg ahhhhhhhhhhhh literally just screamed my roof off:O jace and clary!!! jace and clary the green house scene fugsdilvaghs OMG August HURRY UP!!!

44. THE BIKE, THE KISS, JACE STANDING AT THE WINDOW!! holy |Sh*t these pics are HOT, and so super amazing! LOVE THEM ALL

45. Looking through the comments again still gripes and shinning about Jamie, easy way for you unbelievers to deal with that problem !!! Stay at home and don’t watch!!!

46. Isabella Lightscar // June 20, 2013 at 12:13 AM // Reply

i am loving all of the new stills. i am especially liking the one of clary and isabelle i dont know why i just love seeing a still with them together.

1. Sony Pictures libera novos stills de Cidade dos Ossos | Lâmina Serafim
  2. Sony Pictures shares even more stills from THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS: CITY OF BONES | TMI Source