Sneak peek inside of ‘The Shadowhunter’s Codex’ — Shadowhunter names

Simon Teen has shared a sneak peek inside of The Shadowhunter’s Codex, which will be released on October 29. This sneak peek explains Shadowhunter names. They promised more snippets each day leading up to the highly-anticipated volume, so stay tuned!

CodexPage1

CodexPage2

CodexPage3

CodexPage4

CodexPage5

How excited are you for The Shadowhunter’s Codex?

About Alyssa (2777 Articles)
Owner of TMI Source. Journalist and teacher by day, fangirl by night. Alyssa is too obsessed with sports, television, books, superheroes, and Shadowhunters for her own good.

21 Comments on Sneak peek inside of ‘The Shadowhunter’s Codex’ — Shadowhunter names

1. They forgot DALE! HERON DALE.

2. gracetheshadowhunter // October 14, 2013 at 11:14 PM // Reply

Starktower

3. Lightwoodshadowhunterss // October 14, 2013 at 11:39 PM // Reply

LoL Simon and Jace banter! I love it!

4. This will b my belated birthday gift

5. KikiLOVESJace // October 15, 2013 at 8:31 AM // Reply

Cool! Now I know what to name my shadowhunter OC.

6. OH GOD im loving those litle notes from Jace, Simon and Clary! this book looks like a must have

7. Esther Chevalier // October 16, 2013 at 2:06 PM // Reply

Even though I already have my Shadowhunter name (Chevalier is French for ‘knight’) I would say Youngblood, Blueblood, Rosewalker, and Blackheart sound cool. But I wanna stick with what I have. 🙂

8. Lol awesome!!!

9. Just call me Cherryheart!!!

10. Shadows_Girl // October 17, 2013 at 3:00 PM // Reply

I have got my shadowhunter name……

11. Emma Herondale // July 7, 2014 at 9:02 PM // Reply

Nightshade yasss

12. Coralie Jaida Ahsrose // August 14, 2014 at 4:21 PM // Reply

he he you could be goldfish!!!

13. Coralie Jaida Ahsrose // August 14, 2014 at 4:41 PM // Reply

i dont get why car is on there. did cars exist back then? no. do shadowhunters use cars? no. so why is it on there?

• carrum/carrus (Latin) -> carre (Old Northern French) -> car (Middle English) Meaning wheeled vehicle. Such as a cart or coach. Which is why train cabins are called cars. You’ll also notice that “c-a-r” are the first three letters in the word “carriage”.

14. Cockstorm.