James Herondale gets emotional in new ‘Nothing but Shadows’ snippet

TSFA-FB-Coverphoto

Ask, make a worldwide twitter trend happen in no time and you shall receive.

To celebrate the news about Shadowhunters, the TV series on ABC Family (read all about it here), Cassandra Clare has posted a snippet from Nothing but Shadows, the fourth installment of Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy. In this snippet James Herondale and ‘Uncle Jem’ share a heartfelt moment:

Nothing but Shadows, co-written by Cassie and Sarah Rees Brennan, will be released on May 19.

About Cathrin (483 Articles)
Writer for TMI Source and 'The Shadowhunter Chronicles' lover extraordinaire. Fangirls over books, history, German football, movies and fictional characters.

12 Comments on James Herondale gets emotional in new ‘Nothing but Shadows’ snippet

1. me-sjoukje // March 31, 2015 at 9:10 AM // Reply

I don’t get it. Are the shadowhunter academy tales about Simon or about people from all the other books too. Since the second story was just Simon hearing about the lost Herondale, not us reading the event from Catarina’s POV.
    So I’m a bit confussed as to why now the chapter would be about James and Jem. It’s inconsistent with what has been shown so far and seems more like an excuse to add random stories that Cassandra wanted to tell to either please the audience or to promote the upcoming series. But it’s not about Simon if this chapter changed POV to James or Jem.

• The book has some flashbacks to that time because it used as a teaser for TLH but the use in TFSA is as a history lesson. I think.

• Tris Fray Potassium Potter // April 2, 2015 at 9:09 PM // Reply

The series are ‘Tales From the Shadowhunter Academy’, not ‘The Lewis Chronicles’. The earlier rumors were that it was going to be mainly Simon’s time at the Academy, but Çassandra Clare said that it was just about some of the characters we already know (and some ones we don’t) and their time their.

2. The novellas are about Simon but also past students of the Academy.
    Cassie: “The stories cover Simon’s arrival at the Academy through to his Ascension Ceremony, but a lot of them also time-hop: back to 1830, 1893, 1900, to the time of the Circle and some switch perspectives.”

3. tmimagnusjace // March 31, 2015 at 9:37 AM // Reply

This was so touching to me…
    James is so much like his father, and yet so different. He is his own version of Herondale.

4. Omigosh so sweet I wanna cry!!!! I’m so glad Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy is not just about Simon! I love Simon but it’s a nice break.

5. Caroline The ShadowHunter // March 31, 2015 at 4:12 PM // Reply

JAMES AND JEM ARE MY NEW FAVORITE CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!! (i love magnus and alec too though)

6. Oh God. Trying not to cry here. I knew there was a reason why Jem was my favorite character. And I’m pretty sure James may be my next favorite if this scene is anything to go by.

7. Katie Houston // March 31, 2015 at 6:48 PM // Reply

This is just too sweet. And I’m the kind of person who won’t cry at deaths or sad parts but will start breaking down at stuff like this.

8. I adore Jem and am really looking forward to getting to know James.

9. ❤ it

10. Depthsofthemind // April 13, 2015 at 11:54 AM // Reply

Poor James, Jem is such a good uncle. I am so glad that C.C. is starting to explore the positive dynamics that extended family have on members.

Although people saying that Jamie having a pov. in this does not make sence; be real: it was kinda obvious from the moment we got the chapter summaries that Cassandra’s primary motive for writing this was to sell us advertisement for future books.

1. Happy release day to ‘The Whitechapel Fiend’ – TMI Source